Increase tempo map

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
faonfaon
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Increase tempo map

Post by faonfaon »

Hi,

I use to 'conduct' my tracks when my recording is finished. It gives a lot of realism in the style of symphonic music.
Yesterday, I was happy of the result of the tempi. Accelerandi and rallentamenti pleased me.
EXCEPT that the global tempo is too low. Of course I could record again with tap tempo but I liked what I did. Just had to increase all the thousands of 'tempo points' of, let's say, 10.
I looked for the solution a long time and here is what I did.

In the Conductor Sequence Editor, I highlighted all the song and with the mouse, I chose the first point (starting the music) and increased it of 10 points (in my example from 71.49 to 81.49) and ALL the points of tempo increased of 10 also. I got what I wanted.

However, it is very difficult to catch the first point in the Sequence Editor and if you fail, you have to start again.

My question is : Is there another easier solution to that ?

Thanks

faonfaon
Mac mini 32 GB Ram - OS X Monterey 12.4 - Digital Performer 11.2 - Apollo Twin - VSL - Ivory II - Drumcore 4 - Appassionata Strings - Synful - Vienna Ensemble Pro 7 - Vienna Mir Pro - Special Edition - Konzerthaus Orgel - Pianoteq 7 - Chamber Strings - Solo Strings - Symphonic Choirs - Pettinhouse Guitars - Notion 6 - BBC Symphony Orchestra Pro from Spitfire Audio
MIDI Life Crisis

Re: Increase tempo map

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

I'm not sure i totally understand the post, but I think you may want to look into the EVENT LIST.

Yeeees, you seek the event list...

2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
faonfaon

Post by faonfaon »

Here is my Conductor tack Event List (just the beginning) :

3/1/000 quarter note = 79.59
3/2/000 quarter note = 80.43
3/3/000 quarter note = 80.01
3/4/000 quarter note = 83.07
4/1/000 quarter note = 77.38

How do I increase each value of 10 points to get 89.59, 90.43, 90.01, 93.07 ... etc .....
until the end of the song ?
To write one by one is not possible. The song is too long
Mac mini 32 GB Ram - OS X Monterey 12.4 - Digital Performer 11.2 - Apollo Twin - VSL - Ivory II - Drumcore 4 - Appassionata Strings - Synful - Vienna Ensemble Pro 7 - Vienna Mir Pro - Special Edition - Konzerthaus Orgel - Pianoteq 7 - Chamber Strings - Solo Strings - Symphonic Choirs - Pettinhouse Guitars - Notion 6 - BBC Symphony Orchestra Pro from Spitfire Audio
MIDI Life Crisis

OK, I see now.. You do that as a REGION command.

1- Select the section of the Conductor Track you want to change (in your case, it sounds like ALL of it, but it doesn't have to be).

2- Under the REGION menu (main DP menus) heading, click and select the drop down item called SCALE TEMPO. You have many options. Adding a set number of beats is the simplest.

You're welcome. ;)
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
MIDI Life Crisis

ps - When you said part of the problem was selecting the first temp, I thought you could do that easily in the list (which you can) but that is the wrong direction to accomplish what you are trying to do. And now you have menu options to massage the tempi to just the right feel. I applaud you for your attention to that detail. I'm an orchestral composer in my day job and appreciate how important those little details are. Fortunately, with live musicians, you threaten them with a stick and do you bidding. So much easier but you do have to feed them....

Happy composing!
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
faonfaon

Post by faonfaon »

Thank you so much ! I did it and it works ! I will save time and thanks for your nice comments !