Softube Console 1

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
mrgkeys
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Softube Console 1

Post by mrgkeys »

using one of the new Mk2 with DP, so far so good, and I love the way it sounds. Mixed my first project just using my ears in quite a while :-) BTW, here's an exchange with MOTU tech support about the Console 1 from January..

Michael

State change from 'Awaiting reply' to 'In progress'
Michael,

Thanks for reaching out. I have a Softube Console on my desk and I personally use it with DP 9 often. It does have great support in DP, however the track names/numbers problem still does exist. I know that our head of tech has been in contact with Softube to resolve this issue. We are hoping to have it included in our next DP update.

We don't release the date or bug fixes of our DP updates before we put it out so I can't give you anymore insight beyond that. Keep an eye out on our website and social media platforms for news on future updates.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks,

Brendan
MOTU Tech Support
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

DP 9.13 was released today and it lists a fix regarding Softube. Can anyone elaborate on any changes/improvements in DP/Console 1 cooperation/function? Thanks! :)
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
countrymetal
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by countrymetal »

I just checked it now, but still doesn't work for me, maybe I need to update C1 as well
kwiz

Post by kwiz »

The fix will be active once Softube releases the next Console 1 update.
Hopefully it'll be released very soon. 8)
Great family and friends!

Mac Studio M2 Max, MacPro 8 core (trashcan), MacBook Pro 16 in 2023, OSX Ventura, DP 11, Pro Tools, Logic Pro X, Motu 112D, 24Ao, 8M, 896 MKIII, UA Apollo 16, Waves Horizon, Slate Everything Bundle, Plugin Alliance Bundle, UAD-2 Satellite DSP Accelerator, UAD Apollo Twin.
Native Instruments Komplete 14 Ultimate, Console 1 MKIII w/C1 Fader

"Without struggle, there is no progress"

F. Douglas
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

kwiz wrote:The fix will be active once Softube releases the next Console 1 update.
Hopefully it'll be released very soon. 8)
Excellent! Thanks for the info, Kwiz!

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
npj

Post by npj »

I am happy to report that DP 9.13 and Console 1 v2.4.11 activates automatic track naming and automatic track numbering! :headbang:

It's also possible to enable/disable these two new options independently of each other. :D

I've actually disabled auto track numbering because 'manual' track ordering works best for me. Auto track numbering/ordering includes any tracks that don't have Console 1 plugins in the Console 1 software. I pair a lot of aux tracks with MIDI tracks so every MIDI track ends up creating a useless 'dummy' tracks in the Console 1 software. I prefer to manually manage this and have all my Console 1 tracks closer together.

Loving the auto track naming. So happy they finally made this work. :dance:
kwiz

Post by kwiz »

npj wrote:I am happy to report that DP 9.13 and Console 1 v2.4.11 activates automatic track naming and automatic track numbering! :headbang:

It's also possible to enable/disable these two new options independently of each other. :D

I've actually disabled auto track numbering because 'manual' track ordering works best for me. Auto track numbering/ordering includes any tracks that don't have Console 1 plugins in the Console 1 software. I pair a lot of aux tracks with MIDI tracks so every MIDI track ends up creating a useless 'dummy' tracks in the Console 1 software. I prefer to manually manage this and have all my Console 1 tracks closer together.

Loving the auto track naming. So happy they finally made this work. :dance:
Yes it is working. I wasn't paying full attention and actually was thinking about C1 controlling DP's fader's, and pan knobs. That hasn't been implemented yet, but it is being worked on. Hopefully we'll get that functionality as well. Right now it only works for Studio One, and Sonar.
Great family and friends!

Mac Studio M2 Max, MacPro 8 core (trashcan), MacBook Pro 16 in 2023, OSX Ventura, DP 11, Pro Tools, Logic Pro X, Motu 112D, 24Ao, 8M, 896 MKIII, UA Apollo 16, Waves Horizon, Slate Everything Bundle, Plugin Alliance Bundle, UAD-2 Satellite DSP Accelerator, UAD Apollo Twin.
Native Instruments Komplete 14 Ultimate, Console 1 MKIII w/C1 Fader

"Without struggle, there is no progress"

F. Douglas
npj

Post by npj »

kwiz wrote: Yes it is working. I wasn't paying full attention and actually was thinking about C1 controlling DP's fader's, and pan knobs. That hasn't been implemented yet, but it is being worked on. Hopefully we'll get that functionality as well. Right now it only works for Studio One, and Sonar.
Fingers crossed... That would be extremely cool...
mrgkeys

Post by mrgkeys »

just updated and tried it on the first Console 1 project I did, and it works great. picked up the names and numbers like a charm.. Makes it an even better tool.
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Just wondering: when you select a track in Console 1 doesn't that track become selected in DP (for the purposes of using AlphaTrack)? Be kinda cool if AlphaTrack followed the Console 1 track being worked on. I'm doubting it. Still, really intrigued by Console 1.

mrgkeys

Post by mrgkeys »

James Steele wrote:Just wondering: when you select a track in Console 1 doesn't that track become selected in DP (for the purposes of using AlphaTrack)? Be kinda cool if AlphaTrack followed the Console 1 track being worked on. I'm doubting it. Still, really intrigued by Console 1.
No, it doesn't. It's the equivalent of selecting and opening the plugin only, it doesn't select in the mixing board or tracks overview.
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Thanks. I knew tracks aren't selectable in the mixer window and it was a long shot. I was hoping. :)