Slate Everything Bundle $149 special this week

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
waxman
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Slate Everything Bundle $149 special this week

Post by waxman »

All the Slate plugins for $149 for the year... go get em... I've been using the bundle for over a year and it's pretty much my goto for everything...
Last edited by waxman on Sat Apr 08, 2017 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
waxman
DP9.5, Macbook Pro (2018) Mojave, Slate VMS mic, Everything Bundle, Dual Raven MTI 2, Apollo Twin Quad, UAD Arrow, UAD Satellite Octo Tbolt and all the UAD plugs, NI Komplete 11 Ultimate & Arturia V Collection 6, Maschine Studio MK3 Hardware, NI Komplete Kontrol 61s MK 2, Spectrasonics Ominisphere, Superior Drummer, BFD3, Ozone 7, Altiverb, Sound Toys, Waves, Final Cut X. PT 11.
James Steele
Site Administrator

Re: Slate Everything Bundle $149 special this week

Post by James Steele »

Probably a good deal. I'm still just an old fashioned guy who isn't yet comfortable with the subscription model for software. It's a very visceral thing. I don't pretend it's logical. :)
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
dix

Post by dix »

James Steele wrote:Probably a good deal. I'm still just an old fashioned guy who isn't yet comfortable with the subscription model for software. It's a very visceral thing. I don't pretend it's logical. :)
Me too. Plus, if you plan on using the plugins in perpetuity it really adds up. If all goes well I'd be paying over $4000 for this suite of plugins :)
14-inch MBP M1 Max (2021), 13.6.x, 64GB RAM, UAD Quad Tb Satellite, 4 displays ::: 2009 4,1 > 5,1 MacPro 12-core 3.33 ghz , 10.14.x, 96GB RAM, GeForce GTX 770 , NewerTech eSATA/USB3 PCIe Host Adapter, UAD-2 Quad, ::: 15-inch MBP (2015) 10.14.x, 16GB RAM ::: Lynx Aurora (n) USB ::: DP (latest version), Vienna Ensemble Pro danwool.com
FMiguelez

Post by FMiguelez »

Are ALL his products subscription-only now?
I don't see a way to just buy the plugins normally.

I mean, I know I'm gonna like them, so it may be better in the long run to buy instead of this subscription model. Hmmm...
Mac Mini Server i7 2.66 GHs/16 GB RAM / OSX 10.14 / DP 9.52
Tascam DM-24, MOTU Track 16, all Spectrasonics' stuff,
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

---------------------------

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman
Killahurts

Post by Killahurts »

FMiguelez wrote:Are ALL his products subscription-only now?

I mean, I know I'm gonna like them, so it may be better in the long run to buy instead of this subscription model. Hmmm...
I started buying Slate plugs long before the subscription model, and I currently "own" most of the ones I really want. But if I were starting out from the beginning, knowing what I know about these plugins I would snag this deal in a heartbeat. They really are very good, and the "virtual channel" mostly works as it should in DP.. I use it every day, even though my go-to plugs have changed over time.

I've got maybe, I dunno, roughly $800 invested in Slate plugins, and for a buck and a half you can have everything they make for a year? It seems like a no-brainer until you think of what it might cost to continue next year.. and the year after. Still, this deal is so good, I may even go for it.. and all you folks that don't have a lot of plugins and need a complete suite you can count on to get pro results, this is it.
DP11, 2019 16-Core Mac Pro, Monterey, 64GB RAM. RME HDSPe MADI FX to SSL Alphalink to SSL Matrix console, and multiple digital sub consoles. UAD Quad PCIe. Outboard stuff.
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

You CAN buy some of these plugs outright if you wish.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
billf

Post by billf »

You can buy them, which I've done and prefer over subscribing. Go to the individual plugins to find the option. For example VMR is here http://slatedigital.com/store-virtual-mix-rack/
MacPro5,1 2012, six core 2 x 3.06, 10.12.5, Digital Performer 9.13, 40 gb ram, 828mkIII, 2408 mkII, MTP AV, Logic Pro X 10.3.1, Studio One v 3.2, Pro Tools 12.7.1
FMiguelez

Post by FMiguelez »

Well, then, that´s great! Thanks for the info, guys.

Since these are the plugins I think I'll be happy for ever with, I'll run the numbers and see what's better> buy a license or "rent" one. Either way, those are some great plugs!
Vienna Instruments SUPER PACKAGE, Waves Mercury, slaved iMac and Mac Minis running VEP 7, etc.

"In physics the truth is rarely perfectly clear, and that is certainly universally the case in human affairs. Hence, what is not surrounded by uncertainty cannot be the truth." ― Richard Feynman
dix

Post by dix »

Since these are the plugins I think I'll be happy for ever with
Yes, but how long is forever? Crunching these numbers is a rather macabre exercise. One has to estimate one's own remaining lifespan in order figure out which strategy is a better value. Younger people are better off owning them. Those closer to moving to the next plain should rent. ...by the day in my case :)
14-inch MBP M1 Max (2021), 13.6.x, 64GB RAM, UAD Quad Tb Satellite, 4 displays ::: 2009 4,1 > 5,1 MacPro 12-core 3.33 ghz , 10.14.x, 96GB RAM, GeForce GTX 770 , NewerTech eSATA/USB3 PCIe Host Adapter, UAD-2 Quad, ::: 15-inch MBP (2015) 10.14.x, 16GB RAM ::: Lynx Aurora (n) USB ::: DP (latest version), Vienna Ensemble Pro danwool.com
waxman

Post by waxman »

You can also put the plugins on hold... so lets say you finish a project and go on vacation for a month. Just suspend the subscription. Restart when you get back and you won't be charged for that month...
waxman
DP9.5, Macbook Pro (2018) Mojave, Slate VMS mic, Everything Bundle, Dual Raven MTI 2, Apollo Twin Quad, UAD Arrow, UAD Satellite Octo Tbolt and all the UAD plugs, NI Komplete 11 Ultimate & Arturia V Collection 6, Maschine Studio MK3 Hardware, NI Komplete Kontrol 61s MK 2, Spectrasonics Ominisphere, Superior Drummer, BFD3, Ozone 7, Altiverb, Sound Toys, Waves, Final Cut X. PT 11.
Gravity Jim

Post by Gravity Jim »

I own a handful of Slate's plugs, and now subscribe to the Everything Deal.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out over the next year. The Slate plugs sound good, but the Metric Halo set I just bought sounds equally good. With new plugs coming out, and UA's Lexicon 224 emulation available (and Slate losing or giving up their license on the ReLab emulation), I find myself using the Slate stuff less as I go. If I get to the point where I'm using the MH, Waves and UA plug ins more frequently, I'll probably let the subscription expire.

Even though I am old enough to start wondering if I should begin to rent/lease everything.
Jim Bordner

MacPro 5,1 (3.33Ghz 12-core), 32g RAM, OS X 10.14.6 • MOTU DP 10.11 • Logic Pro X 10.2.5 • Waves Platinum, UAD-2, Slate Digital, Komplete, Omnisphere 2, LASS, CineSamples, Chipsounds, V Collection 5[color]
dix

Post by dix »

If I get to the point where I'm using the MH, Waves and UA plug ins more frequently, I'll probably let the subscription expire.
But that orphans any projects that rely on the Slate plugins. You'd have to resubscribe if you needed to work on those projects again. ...not a deal breaker, but something to consider when you rent.
waxman

Post by waxman »

dix wrote:
If I get to the point where I'm using the MH, Waves and UA plug ins more frequently, I'll probably let the subscription expire.
But that orphans any projects that rely on the Slate plugins. You'd have to resubscribe if you needed to work on those projects again. ...not a deal breaker, but something to consider when you rent.
I have all the UAD plugs... I got the Slate ebundle last year and just updated March 10th for $179... I had ReLab and could have kept it but the VerbSuite is better. I really like Slates eco system. I prefer working in the 500 style rack. It's visual, faster and very creative. I'm also using the VMS. So just call me Slate fanboy. I found it simple to replace the Relab Lexicon with the VerbSuite. I would not worry about having to revive old projects if for whatever reason you did not continue with the ebundle. Slate can be rented for one month. That would be plenty of time to swap out with alternative plugs. I like what Jim said... I'm old enough leasing everything makes sense. So true. I am hoping to go mobile soon as the new 32 gig MacBook Pros come out. At that point I will be 100% ITB and mostly Slate. I'm not going to carry UAD hardware with a mobile rig... So Slate will be my default for everything... all that boring admin stuff and editing at Starbucks, the park or the beach... yay... hope the screen is extra bright!
waxman
FMiguelez

Post by FMiguelez »

I couldn't resist this one either. Just bought the yearly license. I can't wait to try them! Finally! :smash:
:rtfmmad:
:woohoo:

Gravity Jim

Post by Gravity Jim »

dix wrote:
There isn't any Slate plug that can't be replaced with something else. And I own the ones I use the most.
Jim Bordner

MacPro 5,1 (3.33Ghz 12-core), 32g RAM, OS X 10.14.6 • MOTU DP 10.11 • Logic Pro X 10.2.5 • Waves Platinum, UAD-2, Slate Digital, Komplete, Omnisphere 2, LASS, CineSamples, Chipsounds, V Collection 5[color]