Lemur and DP

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Rusty Shackleford
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Lemur and DP

Post by Rusty Shackleford »

Hello, Folks. I was wondering if anyone here has experience using Lemur with DP. Specifically, I am curious how well Lemur works for programing layouts containing buttons for triggering various DP shortcuts/commands as well as faders and knobs for mixing and VI control. How complicated is programming/setting up DP CC parameters in Lemur? Does Lemur work seamlessly/effectively with DP once setup? Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
iMac 20,1 10-core, 3.6Ghz, OS10.15.7, 128GB RAM, DP 10.13, VEP7
cchristensson
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: Lemur and DP

Post by cchristensson »

Hi.
I'm using it for key commands and cc messages recording and for that it's working fine.
DP responds to key commands, MIDI cc and osc so with a little effort you can build a lemur template that suits your own workflow.
If you pair it with osculator it's in many ways easier.
Good luck!
Rusty Shackleford

cchristensson wrote:Hi.
I'm using it for key commands and cc messages recording and for that it's working fine.
DP responds to key commands, MIDI cc and osc so with a little effort you can build a lemur template that suits your own workflow.
If you pair it with osculator it's in many ways easier.
Good luck!
Thanks for your reply, cchristensson. How is it easier to setup/program using oscillator? How is the responsiveness of the button triggers and sliders/knobs between Lemur and DP?
cchristensson
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by cchristensson »

Hi
The responsiveness is giving me no problem even better now with usb.
Osculator is for me easier to program and trying out different ways of osc messages, you can even send multiple messages with one button.
It's a bit daunting in the beginning but there's a lot of info to find on the net.

Have fun.
Rusty Shackleford

cchristensson wrote:Hi
The responsiveness is giving me no problem even better now with usb.
Osculator is for me easier to program and trying out different ways of osc messages, you can even send multiple messages with one button.
It's a bit daunting in the beginning but there's a lot of info to find on the net.

Have fun.
Thanks for the info.
Vinyl

Post by Vinyl »

Hi!

A little late comment and/or question; I´ve tried programming Lemur to receive simple transport play/stop functions from Lemur but it seems that it is not working. I think the issue is with Integer 32 values from Lemur ( not sure tho´) but either way it is not working. I´ve also tried sending the same command and int 32 value from Vezer ( software http://imimot.com/vezer/ ) but still no play or stop function. Anyone had any luck with this? I recorded the osc values from DP remote app and the play function from the app is /Transportstate and value from 0 to 2 when the value in the control surface manual says the command should be /PlayButtonEx/Get and the range from 0-3. I´m pretty sure there´s something I don´t comprehend so any advice would be appreciated. Btw, Osculator works perfect and other software receiving orc-messages so that should not be the issue.

Thanks,

J.