Anyone know when DP 10 will be released?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Tonio
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Anyone know when DP 10 will be released?

Post by Tonio »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:[
...which reminds me... PIE!
I think this is it :woohoo:
Mac Studio MAX 2TB/ 64GB RAM / DP11.2 / 828ES//
MP 5.1 3.33- 3 duo / OS10.14.6 / RX580 /DP10.13/828ES
Padank

Post by Padank »

Thanks Mike and everyone else that answered. I know it's not 100% verifiable but wanted to get an idea. I am looking at 9.12 and will now go search to see what issues abound.

Funny thing; I'm testing V.9 to "fix" some issues that I am having with multiple hardware interfaces and 9.12 (as compared to last version of 8. ) has been a huge improvement for me with this driver/overload issue. This is of course after trying many settings, HW changes and 2 phone calls with MOTU.
Not throwing support them under the bus, they very helpful and our conversations helped me eventually trouble shoot and fix issues. (although trying 9 was my desperate idea..)
Looks like they are going to be getting $200 worth of my hard earned Digital Currency!
Padank! :D
mikehalloran wrote:Back to the OP.

Whenever a new version is announced at NAMM, those who purchase the older version after the announcement get upgraded at no additional charge on release.

There was no DP 10 announcement this year. I expect that won't happen till 2018. Again, I'm basing this on what MOTU has done over the last 20 years that I've been a customer. Now that I think of it, DP has had 8 paid upgrades in that time including 4.5.
Michael Canavan

Post by Michael Canavan »

Padank wrote: Funny thing; I'm testing V.9 to "fix" some issues that I am having with multiple hardware interfaces and 9.12 (as compared to last version of 8. ) has been a huge improvement for me with this driver/overload issue.
Funny how this stuff works, 9.12 works for the most part on my system. Not saying it isn't buggy, I crash after a couple hours of use at this point, but it's not buggy enough to where it's unusable, and/or I want to bother with the painful elimination process to find out what is conflicting with it at such an unpredictable rate.

Thanks for buying almost two years after DP9 came out, we can now assume DP10 is on it's way to a release date. Just far enough away from your date of purchase to not have you eligible for the free upgrade. So probably June! :lol:
M2 Studio Ultra, RME Babyface FS, Slate Raven Mti2, NI SL88 MKII, Linnstrument, MPC Live II, Launchpad MK3. Hundreds of plug ins.
Robert Randolph

Post by Robert Randolph »

Michael Canavan wrote:Not saying it isn't buggy, I crash after a couple hours of use at this point, but it's not buggy enough to where it's unusable, and/or I want to bother with the painful elimination process to find out what is conflicting with it at such an unpredictable rate.
Man, I wish I was one of you guys that could tolerate my DAW crashing at all, ever.

One crash can ruin the whole day for me. Total flow killer, and sometimes a session killer when it happens and you lose data.

"What do you mean we have to do that whole take over again?" Uhh... sorry guys?
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

One reason I don't keep way too many plugs.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
Michael Canavan

Post by Michael Canavan »

Robert Randolph wrote: Man, I wish I was one of you guys that could tolerate my DAW crashing at all, ever.

One crash can ruin the whole day for me. Total flow killer, and sometimes a session killer when it happens and you lose data.

"What do you mean we have to do that whole take over again?" Uhh... sorry guys?
I don't have any crashes when I record, it's after that process and when I haven't yet printed soft synths FX etc. So with 30+ or so plug ins, it can crash, I maybe lose 3 minutes work if that. I suspect a bluetooth caused spike issue actually, so probably not related to DP issues per say.

I have 204 VSTs and the same or more AU's, I live dangerously, but I absolutely love the variety of sound you get this way. 8)
M2 Studio Ultra, RME Babyface FS, Slate Raven Mti2, NI SL88 MKII, Linnstrument, MPC Live II, Launchpad MK3. Hundreds of plug ins.
MIDI Life Crisis

Bluetooth and FW.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

Padank wrote:Thanks Mike and everyone else that answered. I know it's not 100% verifiable but wanted to get an idea. I am looking at 9.12 and will now go search to see what issues abound.

DP 9.02 is still available for download and uses the same license. Some are finding it better suited to their current needs (a lot of threads on this). You can install both and switch between the two till you find the ideal solution.

When you click on Digital Performer, you'll see a tiny link to Older Versions. DP 9.02 in in the list. Whichever version you download first will install as Digital Performer.app. Rename it to anything such as Digital Performer 9.app, and the other build will not overwrite it. You can then rename both if you like. If not, the next incremental update will overwrite anything named Digital Performer.app.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
apanacci

Post by apanacci »

When my daughter was small , she would ask , when are we going to get there Daddy, I would say when we get there. Daddy when will DP 10 be released.......
2009 8 Core 5.1, 2012 6 Core MacPro,s , (32 gigs Ram) Mojave 14.6, Radeon 570, MacBookPros 2011, 2017 , 828MKIII Hybrid, 828X, MicroBook II, 8Pre, Nuendo 8ch A/D converter, PreSonus DigiMax LT ,DP11 , PT 2022.12, Cubase Elements 10.5, Peak 7, Logic 9 ,WaveLab 11, Reason 10, DSP-Quattro 5 ,many plugins , mics and synths. http://www.panaccimusic.com
Lulu-german

Post by Lulu-german »

Padank wrote:Howdy,
It's been around 2 years since 9 was released and based on previous versions, I am thinking 10 is due soon. Does anyone have any info? I usually skip a version and was thinking going from 8 to 9 but it would seem to make sense to wait for 10 assuming its not going to be another 16 months...
Thanks!
I am torn if I should get DP 9.5 now or just wait till DP10 or DPX are released.
So far I survived with DP7. I recently upgraded to Reason 9, but I can't use it yet with DP7.
I'll keep using Reason 7 in 32bit mode until I upgrade.

Does anybody have a guestimate for the next version release?
I am counting my Pesos Motu....
HCMarkus

Post by HCMarkus »

With the .5 release of DP 9 just dropping, I'd be surprised if DP10 hits the market before late 2018 or even 2019.
David Polich

Post by David Polich »

Lulu-german wrote:
Padank wrote:Howdy,
It's been around 2 years since 9 was released and based on previous versions, I am thinking 10 is due soon. Does anyone have any info? I usually skip a version and was thinking going from 8 to 9 but it would seem to make sense to wait for 10 assuming its not going to be another 16 months...
Thanks!
I am torn if I should get DP 9.5 now or just wait till DP10 or DPX are released.
So far I survived with DP7. I recently upgraded to Reason 9, but I can't use it yet with DP7.
I'll keep using Reason 7 in 32bit mode until I upgrade.

Does anybody have a guestimate for the next version release?
I am counting my Pesos Motu....
No one here knows when it will be released, and no one who really does know can publicly say anything because they are legally bound by non-dsiclosure agreements.

You might as well go for DP 9.5. It's great. FAR better than DP 7.
2019 Mac Pro 8-core, 32GB RAM, Mac OS Ventura, MIDI Express 128, Apogee Duet 3, DP 11.2x, Waves, Slate , Izotope, UAD, Amplitube 5, Tonex, Spectrasonics, Native Instruments, Pianoteq, Soniccouture, Arturia, Amplesound, Acustica, Reason Objekt, Plasmonic, Vital, Cherry Audio, Toontrack, BFD, Yamaha Motif XF6, Yamaha Montage M6, Korg Kronos X61, Alesis Ion,Sequential Prophet 6, Sequential OB-6, Hammond XK5, Yamaha Disklavier MK 3 piano.
http://www.davepolich.com
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Nope. MOTU is notoriously tight lipped about such things. :)
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
MIDI Life Crisis

2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
cuttime

Post by cuttime »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:Sept 15, 2019, 8:30AM, EST... or not.
Funny, that's the same day Nibiru will make it's next planetary pass...
828x MacOS 13.6.5 M1 Studio Max 1TB 64G DP11.31