full screen video on second monitor (projector)

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
stringtheory
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

full screen video on second monitor (projector)

Post by stringtheory »

i’m using DP on a macbook pro to run a set for a band (second band i’ve done this with) which includes a video projection for each song. there’s a chunk for each song that includes a video track (you can’t use different videos with chunks in a song chunk or i’d make a song chunk for the set, i wish MOTU would allow that! chaining chunks won’t do, because we have very precise timings between songs, some overlaps, and some interstitial music in places).

but, my question is: the only way i’ve found to get true full-screen video output for the projector is 1) in the Displays system prefs, move the menu bar to the screen representing the projector, which causes the DP windows to appear on the projector, 2) drag all the DP windows back to the mbp (now the secondary) screen, 3) move the movie window on to the projector screen, 4) use the full-screen button at the bottom of the movie window to enter full screen mode - not the “Enter Full Screen” command, which doesn’t function properly when the projector is the main screen.

any other way of trying to go full screen with the movie window on the projector (or second monitor) leaves the apple menu at the top of the screen, which we don’t want, of course.

anyone got an easier way of doing this?
27" iMac 4.0GHz (late 2015), 32G RAM, OSX 10.13.6, DP10.01, UAD Apollo Duo TB, MTPAV USB (also 2021 14" MBP M1 Pro, 32G RAM, Apollo Twin Duo TB)
JSmith1234567
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: full screen video on second monitor (projector)

Post by JSmith1234567 »

Hey, isn't there a preference setting in the movie mini-menu (control click on the movie and it will appear) that allows you to use different movies with different chunks?
OSX Big Sur (latest). Mac Pro Late 2013 ("trash-can"), 3.5 Ghz 6-Core Intel XeonE5, 64GB RAM. Motu DP 11.03, Vienna Pro Server, Presonus Notion, Osculator, Keyboard Maestro
frankf

Post by frankf »

JSmith1234567 wrote:Hey, isn't there a preference setting in the movie mini-menu (control click on the movie and it will appear) that allows you to use different movies with different chunks?
Yes there is but there has been a problem since DP 9.0 with retaining movie links in different sequence chunks when switching "use different movies w different chunks" on/off and using "copy selection to new sequence" command. MOTU is aware
Frank Ferrucci
http://www.ferruccimusic.com
Mac Pro 6,1 64gb RAM DP9.52 OSX 10.12.6 MIO 2882d & ULN2d Firewire Audio Interfaces, MOTU MTP-AV USB
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

I may be misunderstanding the question or the problem or both, but if it works using the same video for all chunks, couldn't you just change the start times on the sequences? Again, I'm assuming you get the results you want if only one movie is being used in the project, but it gets wonkier when you use multiple movies.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS