DP9 issues?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Gravity Jim
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

DP9 issues?

Post by Gravity Jim »

This is why the internet is so ••••ed up.

I run The Waves Platinum Bundle, the Slate Everything bundle, Metric Halo, and UA plus, and a pile of unrelated VIs, without VEPro, despite the forum's insistence that you MUST handle your VIs in VE.

I have never had a plug in fail, gum up the works, or crash DP. Never.

The information that is shared on this (and every other) forum as "common knowledge" is almost entirely wrong. I give up.
Jim Bordner

MacPro 5,1 (3.33Ghz 12-core), 32g RAM, OS X 10.14.6 • MOTU DP 10.11 • Logic Pro X 10.2.5 • Waves Platinum, UAD-2, Slate Digital, Komplete, Omnisphere 2, LASS, CineSamples, Chipsounds, V Collection 5[color]
MIDI Life Crisis

Re: DP9 issues?

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

Gravity Jim wrote: The information that is shared on this (and every other) forum as "common knowledge" is almost entirely wrong. I give up.
Can't disagree with that. And the bottom line is I can and have used DP to earn a big part of my living for decades and MOTU has never let me down.

For all the inconsistencies, discrepancies between systems, etc., I would still use DP over ANY other DAW, Period.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
frankf

DP9 issues?

Post by frankf »

Every time I've removed plug-ins to troubleshoot, there's been no gain on my DP MP rig. Then again I don't use plug-ins from untested vendors. (This forum is great for that). But, unless there's a known conflict, I'm a fan of update, update, update to avoid performance issues. Jim, I also dumped VEP when DP went 64 bit for my music rig. Just sayin'
Frank Ferrucci
http://www.ferruccimusic.com
Mac Pro 6,1 64gb RAM DP9.52 OSX 10.12.6 MIO 2882d & ULN2d Firewire Audio Interfaces, MOTU MTP-AV USB
HCMarkus

Post by HCMarkus »

I use DP every day.

That said, just because I never personally experienced (insert your favorite crash story here) doesn't mean it didn't happen and the software is perfect.
Padank

Post by Padank »

I've experienced this. As a Zero point troubleshoot- have you tried a new, empty session with zero plugs and a default click sound? If the issue disappears, this may be a starting point. If any plugs on the master with LookAhead are present (even bypassed) it can also cause this.
Padank

Chris T wrote: I've been having a weird metronome problem since around DP7 - where the click doesn't sound straight away when in record mode. They only workaround is to disable/renable the click WHILE recording (So I start several bars early). Very annoying.

I tried asking MOTU about it but got nowhere. Has anybody else had this problem?...

thx