Best practices for VEP in a large(ish) template

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
emjayinla
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Best practices for VEP in a large(ish) template

Post by emjayinla »

Greetings.

I'm wonder how people are using VEP in their template, specifically, how many instances and how they're broken down in their DP project.

I have EW Composer Cloud, LASS, Symphobia, some Vienna instruments, kontakt, etc., and created VEP instances for broad groups such as EW Brass, EW Hollywood Brass, EW Winds, LASS Vlns, LASS Vlas, etc, resulting in about 26 instances.

I'm having DP performance issues and their tech support suggest I try reducing the number of instances. I like have more instance as it makes routing and customizing easier, at least for me.

I'm wondering how some of you are set up.

I'm on a i7 mini with 16gb ram and 2 32gb slaves

Cheers
terrybritton
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Re: Best practices for VEP in a large(ish) template

Post by terrybritton »

I've shared some of member Steve Steele's videos before here, and just noticed he has a playlist of six videos concerning using VEP. Perhaps there are some gems there you can use you hadn't heard of!

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... fJTSZtmTbQ

Terry
Computer: Sweetwater CS400v7 Intel Core i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz | 64Gigs RAM | Windows 11 Pro x64 |
MOTU 828 mk3 hybrid

DAWs & Live: MOTU Digital Performer 11.31 | Cantabile Performer 4
Keyboard Synths: Kawai K5000s, Korg Wavestation
Controllers: NI Komplete Kontrol S-88 Mk3 & S-49 Mk2; Maschine Mk3 & JAM;
Akai MPK249 & 225, Alesis QX49, Behringer BCF2000 & FCB1010
Rack Modules: Ensoniq ESQm, Yamaha TX81Z, Wavestation SR

Tutorials: https://youtube.com/@CreatorsMediaTools
emjayinla
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by emjayinla »

Hi terrybritton

This is great. Thank you for posting.

Cheers
Michael Canavan
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by Michael Canavan »

Looking forward to when Money becomes available and getting VEP set up. I get the distinct feeling that without all the peripheral stuff that DP and other DAWs deal with VEP does a great job of managing large libraries of VSTs. Need to bookmark those lessons now. :)
M2 Studio Ultra, RME Babyface FS, Slate Raven Mti2, NI SL88 MKII, Linnstrument, MPC Live II, Launchpad MK3. Hundreds of plug ins.