Move all takes via Clipping?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Babz
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Move all takes via Clipping?

Post by Babz »

Is there a way to drag a Track (with all its Takes) to a Clipping and then import it into another DP project and have all the Takes included?

Seems like I can only do it one take at a time...
James Steele
Site Administrator
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Move all takes via Clipping?

Post by James Steele »

That's a toughie. Just spent about 20 minutes looking for a way to do this. Thought there might be trick with Track Grouping, not to no avail. :(
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
fdco
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by fdco »

Maybe this
Take Menu: “Turn Takes into Tracks”
Drag then to a clipping window
Import them into the new project
Select this tracks
Take menu :”Absorb Selected Tracks"
Mac Book Pro M1 32gb -2TB,
Apogee Symphony Thunderbridge,
DP11, MTPAV, Linnstrument, Chapman Stick
Babz

Post by Babz »

fdco wrote:Maybe this
Take Menu: “Turn Takes into Tracks”
Drag then to a clipping window
Import them into the new project
Select this tracks
Take menu :”Absorb Selected Tracks"
Yes, that works!

Just tried it and wanted to post an update.

Best,
Babz
Babz

Post by Babz »

The other thing about Clippings is that when you have items in a Track folder and you send the folder to Clippings and drag it into a new project, the items do not remain within the folder.

I like to keep my all Virtual Instruments audio and MIDI tracks in a folder; can't imagine working any other way. If I export/import an Instrument track folder (containing MIDI Audio tracks), they come through as three separate items. It would be so much better if Folders full of tracks could be exchanged between projects via Clippings, but I haven't yet been able to find a way.

I also wish Instrument tracks were one unit like in other DAWs (but we've debated that before, and I can see both sides of the issue).

Best,
Babz