Set counter to zero at marker ?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Klaus
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Set counter to zero at marker ?

Post by Klaus »

Hi everybody
How do I set the counter 'zero' to a marker's position ?
I think I've done that but don't remember... :shake:
Thanks and
best regards

Klaus
stubbsonic

Re: Set counter to zero at marker ?

Post by stubbsonic »

If you open the Chunks window, select the sequence chunk, then choose set chunk start time from the mini menu, it will let you choose a whole measure number. However, this will just offset the measure numbers (and shift your sequence).

There are those memory start/stop functions.
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
Klaus

Post by Klaus »

Thanks stubbsonic
I set the chunk start to exactly the marker time, but negative ( - )
This starts the seq at zero at the marker that represents the song start.
Best

Klaus
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

If you make a selection and from the dropdown choose NEW CHUNK (sequence) FROM SELECTION the selection will be at 0 in the new sequence. You could have you way with the section and then paste/merge it into the old one at the same point. Convoluted, for sure but easy.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
frankf

Post by frankf »

Be careful if you're scoring to a movie with this command. It can break the link to the source movie in certain circumstances. If you're not scoring to picture or certain that there is only going to be 1 movie in the project then all is ok. I've reported issues with this command to MOTU.
Frank Ferrucci
http://www.ferruccimusic.com
Mac Pro 6,1 64gb RAM DP9.52 OSX 10.12.6 MIO 2882d & ULN2d Firewire Audio Interfaces, MOTU MTP-AV USB
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

frankf wrote:Be careful if you're scoring to a movie with this command. It can break the link to the source movie in certain circumstances. If you're not scoring to picture or certain that there is only going to be 1 movie in the project then all is ok. I've reported issues with this command to MOTU.
Ouch! I use the same movie in all sequences and set the start times as needed, but good to know. I'm scoring a 100 minute silent in Finale at the moment and using clips. I've done a few sketches in DP but haven't used the command in question in that project yet.

Thanks for the heads up!!!! :unicorn:
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS