Korg Krome in your DP9 Rig Anyone

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
ggm1960
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Korg Krome in your DP9 Rig Anyone

Post by ggm1960 »

Hello, hope everyone is having a good day. I'm trying to incorporate a new Korg Krome 61 into my live DP9 rig. I wondered if anyone else had been using one because I can't find midnam/middev files for it. If these aren't out there then I suppose I'll need to do the Controller 0:32 thing to change banks and either way I'll probably need to find the sysex that will allow me to switch between program and combi modes.

Seems to be getting harder to find some of this stuff. Do midnam/middev files even work when using USB MIDI rather than the 5 pin serial connectors? Seems like I might have seen that be an issue in the past. I'm also pretty certain that Cherry Picker program doesn't run anymore after a certain version of OSX or was it because of 32/64 bit or Intel?

Anyway if you're out there using one of these things perhaps you could take a moment and help me learn how to mold that thing in! Thanks!

Greg
RROY

Re: Korg Krome in your DP9 Rig Anyone

Post by RROY »

I believe Korg has an editor for Krome that works over USB and has all the banks and patches. Check their site.
Mac Pro 2x2.4 quad core /24 gb ram/OS 10.13.6, Dp 10.13, MTP AV, /UAD 2, KOMPLETE 12, Stylus RMX, SD 3.0, EZ Drummer 3, A&H ZED R 16.
ggm1960

Re: Korg Krome in your DP9 Rig Anyone

Post by ggm1960 »

RROY wrote:I believe Korg has an editor for Krome that works over USB and has all the banks and patches. Check their site.
Yes there is an editor program. I've only looked at it briefly but I just assumed it was for editing sounds and settings on the keyboard. I'm not sure how that would help to incorporate the keyboard into Digital Performer?