Audio Patch Thru while tracking and bus routing

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
massimosammi
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Audio Patch Thru while tracking and bus routing

Post by massimosammi »

Hello,

I'm tracking some musicians this week. If I use direct hardware playthrough in DP the level of the monitoring signal of the microphone is related to the fader of the track I'm recording. So I bring it up to match the monitoring signal with levels of the backing tracks while I'm recording. But if I I do a punch-in (which I do in "Auto" Audio Patch Thru mode) the level of what's already been recorded is super hot. If I bring it down, then the singer can't hear herself during the punch-in.

So I found out that the proper way to do it is to put Audio Patch Thru OFF and use CueMix for the direct monitoring.

But I have a big problem. All my template is routed with internal busses: the signal from Vienna Ensemble Pro is routed to stereo tracks and reverbs, and everything to a final mix track, so I can print the stems and the mix in real time.

If I use Audio Patch Thru OFF none of that works. Is there any way to keep this system working, while being able to track with no monitoring from DP?

Thanks!!