MIDI events not visible when recording from audio to MIDI

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
tenspotrecording
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

MIDI events not visible when recording from audio to MIDI

Post by tenspotrecording »

Greetings,
I am new to the forum, so I apologize if this has been covered in the past, or in the wrong area.
I am triggering a previously recorded snare track to record on to a new MIDI track, in order to blend a sample snare with the original audio.
I am following the steps of a video that I have found on YouTube, ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vJLdYRVU0L4 ) and it has been great, except for one important snag.
After adding a gate to the original snare audio track, and setting a trigger, I arm the MIDI track and record.
Upon playback, I can see, via meter, that the audio has recorded into the MIDI track, and I can hear the audio through the instrument track, but there aren't any physical notes/events registering on the MIDI track. ( around 1:46 in the linked video)
I have run up and down the scale and cannot find any marks where these snare hits exist.
I'm sure it's going to be something simple that I missed, but it has been driving me crazy. If anybody has a remedy, or knows of an easier method to achieve this goal, please share.
I am working on DP 5.13, if that information is of any use. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time.
philbrown

Re: MIDI events not visible when recording from audio to MID

Post by philbrown »

Check your View Filter settings in the setup menu.
2020 iMac 27" 3.6GHz 10 core i9 • Mac OS 12.2.1 • DP 11.04 • UAD-8 Octo card • Midas M32R

Plugs: UAD•Slate•Scuffham•Flux IRCAM•NI Komplete•Klanghelm•Waves•Spectrasonics•Arturia•Soundtoys•Nomad Factory•PSP•Stillwell•Cytomic•Korg•Five12•GForce
philbrown

Post by philbrown »

Not sure why I bother to answer the 1-posters.
2020 iMac 27" 3.6GHz 10 core i9 • Mac OS 12.2.1 • DP 11.04 • UAD-8 Octo card • Midas M32R

Plugs: UAD•Slate•Scuffham•Flux IRCAM•NI Komplete•Klanghelm•Waves•Spectrasonics•Arturia•Soundtoys•Nomad Factory•PSP•Stillwell•Cytomic•Korg•Five12•GForce
stubbsonic

Post by stubbsonic »

How else will we get to visit, Phil?
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
philbrown

Post by philbrown »

stubbsonic wrote:How else will we get to visit, Phil?
LOL True!