Layout or Track Select Question

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
bleach30
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Layout or Track Select Question

Post by bleach30 »

Is there a way to link your Track Selection to all windows?
For example, if I have the Mixer and Sequence view in consolidated windows and I select a handful of tracks to see I would want both Sequence and Mixer to follow those selections.

While the independent nature is useful there are occasions where I want it to be global. This may already be a thing so if it is please point me to the hidden checkbox.

Much appreciated
Michael Canavan

Re: Layout or Track Select Question

Post by Michael Canavan »

Answering in two ways in case I'm misreading what you're trying to do.

1- From what I can tell DP does not scroll to your selection in the Mixer, but the mixer tracks are selected when you select them in the Tracks window. It's just that in most Themes you don't notice any difference.

2- I've never seen a global selection function for showing and hiding tracks, if that's what you mean.
M2 Studio Ultra, RME Babyface FS, Slate Raven Mti2, NI SL88 MKII, Linnstrument, MPC Live II, Launchpad MK3. Hundreds of plug ins.
bleach30

Re: Layout or Track Select Question

Post by bleach30 »

Hi Michael,

Thanks for your reply. Yeah I know you can set the mixer to scroll and that tracks are selected but I do want a global solution and maybe a better example would be a consolidated window with Tracks overview and Sequence view open. I would like in this instance for both windows to go to a specific layout or even if I select tracks in one and choose Show Only Selected Tracks that it would affect both windows so they show the same stuff. As it is you have to choose the cell for it to have an impact. Which is fine too I would just like the option to link all or a selection of windows to View commands.