Possible to run custom scripts in DP ?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Scorer
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Possible to run custom scripts in DP ?

Post by Scorer »

Hi gang,

is it possible to run custom scripts in DP ?

background of what I'm trying to do:

I'm playing around with CSS here and the various legato transitions all have different ms delays/offsets. So, on one track I may have notes with slow/medium/fast legato transitions which result in a different delay that I want to compensate for.

Instead of selecting each note group individually and then moving the notes manually, I'd like to run a script that identifies notes by key velocity and then moves them by a specified ms value.

Is that possible ?

If not, I looked at Shift and Time Shift which only allow to set one specific offset... I don't wanna split the notes up onto multiple tracks... What other options do I have ?

Thanks !
williemyers
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Possible to run custom scripts in DP ?

Post by williemyers »

Scorer wrote:Hi gang,

is it possible to run custom scripts in DP ?

background of what I'm trying to do:

I'm playing around with CSS here and the various legato transitions all have different ms delays/offsets. So, on one track I may have notes with slow/medium/fast legato transitions which result in a different delay that I want to compensate for.

Instead of selecting each note group individually and then moving the notes manually, I'd like to run a script that identifies notes by key velocity and then moves them by a specified ms value.

Is that possible ?

If not, I looked at Shift and Time Shift which only allow to set one specific offset... I don't wanna split the notes up onto multiple tracks... What other options do I have ?

Thanks !
hey there! I *think* you're not going to be happy with the answer? or, at least, mine? I'm pretty usre that you will not be able to do what you're looking for, as you have described it.

Years ago, I used an old string library that hade massive latency. I was able to create a MIDI plug-in that advanced all notes by a fixed amount on playback. then I would have to copy that plugin to all of my MIDI string tracks. I don't *think* DP has gotten any more sophisticated than that, but I could be wrong?

not sure how you would run a "script" in DP anyway? of course you could trya nd create a Kontakt script...I think some guys over in VIControl are talking about doing that for CSS?
http://vi-control.net/community/threads ... st-4043731

good luck with it!
DP 9.52(OS 10.13.6), PTools 11.3.3, Sibelius 2021.12,
MacPro 5,1 mid-2010, 2 x 2.93Ghz 12 core, ATI Radeon HD 5870, 64 Gig RAM, 4 x >120G SSDs, 2 x 25" LCDs
couple o' hardware synths, loadza legal libraries
Kurz Midiboard, MOTU MTP AV

https://vimeo.com/71580152

"I always wanted to be a composer - and I am..."
"I never wanted to be a recording engineer - and I'm not..."

~me
Scorer

Post by Scorer »

Willie,

yeah, they're working in Reaper, which supports custom scripts... :roll:

Thanks.
waxman

Post by waxman »

$100 bucks for Slate Batch Command will give you 1000 scripts...
waxman
DP9.5, Macbook Pro (2018) Mojave, Slate VMS mic, Everything Bundle, Dual Raven MTI 2, Apollo Twin Quad, UAD Arrow, UAD Satellite Octo Tbolt and all the UAD plugs, NI Komplete 11 Ultimate & Arturia V Collection 6, Maschine Studio MK3 Hardware, NI Komplete Kontrol 61s MK 2, Spectrasonics Ominisphere, Superior Drummer, BFD3, Ozone 7, Altiverb, Sound Toys, Waves, Final Cut X. PT 11.
Scorer

Post by Scorer »

waxman wrote:$100 bucks for Slate Batch Command will give you 1000 scripts...
HI waxman, thanx for the suggestion ! are you using this ?

I looked at the video for this and it appears all programmable actions are static mouse click events or keyboard shortcuts.

My question is, can u program custom conditions, such as e.g.:

select all notes (on the currently selected track) that have a key on velocity of <= (smaller or equal to) 65

can you do this with this Slate Batch Command ?

Thanks.
waxman

Post by waxman »

Scorer wrote:
waxman wrote:$100 bucks for Slate Batch Command will give you 1000 scripts...
HI waxman, thanx for the suggestion ! are you using this ?

I looked at the video for this and it appears all programmable actions are static mouse click events or keyboard shortcuts.

My question is, can u program custom conditions, such as e.g.:

select all notes (on the currently selected track) that have a key on velocity of <= (smaller or equal to) 65

can you do this with this Slate Batch Command ?

Thanks.
Yes I use it a lot. It will do anything but if you use mouse clicks the spot has to be static...
You can do a selection then have it run a script.
waxman
DP9.5, Macbook Pro (2018) Mojave, Slate VMS mic, Everything Bundle, Dual Raven MTI 2, Apollo Twin Quad, UAD Arrow, UAD Satellite Octo Tbolt and all the UAD plugs, NI Komplete 11 Ultimate & Arturia V Collection 6, Maschine Studio MK3 Hardware, NI Komplete Kontrol 61s MK 2, Spectrasonics Ominisphere, Superior Drummer, BFD3, Ozone 7, Altiverb, Sound Toys, Waves, Final Cut X. PT 11.
Scorer

Post by Scorer »

thanks, Waxman !
labman
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by labman »

As an old user of quickeys and Keyboard maestro for years, I would certainly concur with Waxman. BC is the bomb. So nice to have something that feels part of DP. At least it does, if you use it with a Raven.
AMPGUI themes - Andy rocks!, 3 macs, MacPro 768GB ram, 16core OS11.7.10, DP11.31, all Waves, all SLATE, PSP, IK multimedia & Audioease plugs, all PAlliance, Softube, tons of NI VI's all air Spitfire, all Audiobro, all Berlin, EW PLAY, LLizard, MachFive3, Kontakt5, Omnisphere, RMX, LASS, all Soundtoys, Lexicon AU's, melodyne and others I know am forgetting, cause I'm old...Also mucho outboard rigs, MTPs, DTP, antelope WC, and 4 control surfaces with Raven.
williemyers

Post by williemyers »

but guys, wouldn't Batch Command have to "analyize" all of his tracks, in order to "select" all notes with a specific On Velocity value? And then, after having selected all of those notes, run a MIDI shift?
I could see how it could do the second task, but could it do the first?
DP 9.52(OS 10.13.6), PTools 11.3.3, Sibelius 2021.12,
MacPro 5,1 mid-2010, 2 x 2.93Ghz 12 core, ATI Radeon HD 5870, 64 Gig RAM, 4 x >120G SSDs, 2 x 25" LCDs
couple o' hardware synths, loadza legal libraries
Kurz Midiboard, MOTU MTP AV

https://vimeo.com/71580152

"I always wanted to be a composer - and I am..."
"I never wanted to be a recording engineer - and I'm not..."

~me