Selecting time in the ME

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
dix
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Selecting time in the ME

Post by dix »

Before I send in a suggestion to MOTU. Other than click-dragging on the ruler, is there any way to select time in the ME? Using the I-beam tool only selects the time of the active track (very useful, but not what I'm after). I'd prefer that Ctrl-drag, just like it is in the SE, select the time of the visible tracks. Ctrl-clicking in the ME = Right-click which is redundant I think.

...it's a groove killer for me. On projects where I switch between the SE and ME I'm constantly accidentally Ctrl-dragging in the ME (the same as Right-Click) which can mess things up, so I think making Ctrl-drag select time in the ME, like it does in the SE, would be more uniform. Not only is the ruler way out of the way on my big screen, unless I'm careful I end up dragging the dang Wiper and getting blasted with sound (another major groove-killer! I wish they'd let us turn off audible wiper-scrubbing).

Thx
14-inch MBP M1 Max (2021), 13.6.x, 64GB RAM, UAD Quad Tb Satellite, 4 displays ::: 2009 4,1 > 5,1 MacPro 12-core 3.33 ghz , 10.14.x, 96GB RAM, GeForce GTX 770 , NewerTech eSATA/USB3 PCIe Host Adapter, UAD-2 Quad, ::: 15-inch MBP (2015) 10.14.x, 16GB RAM ::: Lynx Aurora (n) USB ::: DP (latest version), Vienna Ensemble Pro danwool.com