Markers window always on top?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
waxman
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by waxman »

Is there a way to alway keep the markers window on top?
waxman
DP9.5, Macbook Pro (2018) Mojave, Slate VMS mic, Everything Bundle, Dual Raven MTI 2, Apollo Twin Quad, UAD Arrow, UAD Satellite Octo Tbolt and all the UAD plugs, NI Komplete 11 Ultimate & Arturia V Collection 6, Maschine Studio MK3 Hardware, NI Komplete Kontrol 61s MK 2, Spectrasonics Ominisphere, Superior Drummer, BFD3, Ozone 7, Altiverb, Sound Toys, Waves, Final Cut X. PT 11.
buzzsmith

Re: Markers window always on top?

Post by buzzsmith »

waxman wrote:Is there a way to alway keep the markers window on top?
Not positive, waxman. I usually just move it to the top right of my display where I can get to it easily...or to my second display which is far less cluttered.

Buzzy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Early 2009 Mac Pro 4,1>5,1 3.33 GHz Hex Core Intel Xeon OS X 10.8.5 SSD (32 gigs RAM)
DP 9.51 PCI-424e / original 2408, 2408mkII, 24I/O, MTP-AV

Yamaha C7 Conservatory Grand
Hammond B-3 / Leslie 145
Focal Twin6 Be(s)

frankf

Post by frankf »

I park it in the right side bar of the Consolidated window but I have a window set for film spotting that has it popped out large size on my second monitor.
Frank Ferrucci
http://www.ferruccimusic.com
Mac Pro 6,1 64gb RAM DP9.52 OSX 10.12.6 MIO 2882d & ULN2d Firewire Audio Interfaces, MOTU MTP-AV USB
waxman

Post by waxman »

Thank you... I only use the sends and inserts on the mixer but when I bank 24 channels on the Raven the mixer covers it up... pia... I do to the top right corner also. I can't find a safe place to put it... wish it would float...
waxman
DP9.5, Macbook Pro (2018) Mojave, Slate VMS mic, Everything Bundle, Dual Raven MTI 2, Apollo Twin Quad, UAD Arrow, UAD Satellite Octo Tbolt and all the UAD plugs, NI Komplete 11 Ultimate & Arturia V Collection 6, Maschine Studio MK3 Hardware, NI Komplete Kontrol 61s MK 2, Spectrasonics Ominisphere, Superior Drummer, BFD3, Ozone 7, Altiverb, Sound Toys, Waves, Final Cut X. PT 11.
buzzsmith

Post by buzzsmith »

I'm sure you know (but I'll mention it anyway!) that Shift-k brings it to the front.

Didn't know you had the Raven.

Buzzy

Early 2009 Mac Pro 4,1>5,1 3.33 GHz Hex Core Intel Xeon OS X 10.8.5 SSD (32 gigs RAM)

Hammond B-3 / Leslie 145
Focal Twin6 Be(s)

waxman

Post by waxman »

buzzsmith wrote:I'm sure you know (but I'll mention it anyway!) that Shift-k brings it to the front.
Didn't know you had the Raven.
Buzzy
Wow... it never ceases to amaze me... for 20 years I've always had the marker window in a side window to the TO... Now my DP mixer sits above the Raven floating mixer and Batch commander racks. Everything is very fluid. Much of the time it's what I want but when I need to see the markers invariably Murphy shows up and the Markers window is partly hidden in the top right corner by the DP mixer... Then Buzzy says hey "shift K"

Well no Buzzy I didn't know that and it's people like you that make M-Nation awesome. Thanks so much my friend.

Yes been a Raven user for 13 months. Love it... game changer, revolutionary, critical, disrupting, most awesome piece of gear ever developed... Just call me the Slate Fan Boy... hahaha
waxman
Killahurts

Post by Killahurts »

I have the same problem with the Automation Setup window, I wish it would float.. but you can't even put it in the CW like you can the markers, etc.
DP11, 2019 16-Core Mac Pro, Monterey, 64GB RAM. RME HDSPe MADI FX to SSL Alphalink to SSL Matrix console, and multiple digital sub consoles. UAD Quad PCIe. Outboard stuff.
buzzsmith

Post by buzzsmith »

waxman wrote: Wow... it never ceases to amaze me... for 20 years I've always had the marker window in a side window to the TO... Now my DP mixer sits above the Raven floating mixer and Batch commander racks. Everything is very fluid. Much of the time it's what I want but when I need to see the markers invariably Murphy shows up and the Markers window is partly hidden in the top right corner by the DP mixer... Then Buzzy says hey "shift K"

Well no Buzzy I didn't know that and it's people like you that make M-Nation awesome. Thanks so much my friend.
You're quite welcome!

I, too, learn so much from fellow users here on this great forum.

Buzzy

Hammond B-3 / Leslie 145
Focal Twin6 Be(s)

waxman

Post by waxman »

Killahurts wrote:I have the same problem with the Automation Setup window, I wish it would float.. but you can't even put it in the CW like you can the markers, etc.
I use a work around and have the channel strip just with the automation in the top left hand corner of the Raven... You can bring it up with short cut ( opt shift command cntrl ; )

then I have the Markers on the top right hand with the DP mixer only inserts and sends chosen in the middle. Works great. When I want to put a channel in automation I have a batch command button that does that. Select channel. Push button bingo automation record. I wish DP would decouple the automation row from the m/s/r buttons.
waxman
labman
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by labman »

waxman wrote:
Killahurts wrote:I have the same problem with the Automation Setup window, I wish it would float.. but you can't even put it in the CW like you can the markers, etc.
I use a work around and have the channel strip just with the automation in the top left hand corner of the Raven... You can bring it up with short cut ( opt shift command cntrl ; )

then I have the Markers on the top right hand with the DP mixer only inserts and sends chosen in the middle. Works great. When I want to put a channel in automation I have a batch command button that does that. Select channel. Push button bingo automation record. I wish DP would decouple the automation row from the m/s/r buttons.
SAY what ?? Can you show us some picts. Or even a little video Wax? I can't envision it.
AMPGUI themes - Andy rocks!, 3 macs, MacPro 768GB ram, 16core OS11.7.10, DP11.31, all Waves, all SLATE, PSP, IK multimedia & Audioease plugs, all PAlliance, Softube, tons of NI VI's all air Spitfire, all Audiobro, all Berlin, EW PLAY, LLizard, MachFive3, Kontakt5, Omnisphere, RMX, LASS, all Soundtoys, Lexicon AU's, melodyne and others I know am forgetting, cause I'm old...Also mucho outboard rigs, MTPs, DTP, antelope WC, and 4 control surfaces with Raven.
waxman

Post by waxman »

labman wrote:
waxman wrote:

SAY what ?? Can you show us some picts. Or even a little video Wax? I can't envision it.
One picture is worth a 1000 words....Sorry quick iPhone pics but it should give you the idea...

set up

Top left hand corner

Buttons for turning on and off automation (green and red buttons "Automation Automation Record"

Overview
waxman
labman

Post by labman »

Thats a big help Wax. Very appreciated. I have my remotes and icons built, so this a next step I suppose.
AMPGUI themes - Andy rocks!, 3 macs, MacPro 768GB ram, 16core OS11.7.10, DP11.31, all Waves, all SLATE, PSP, IK multimedia & Audioease plugs, all PAlliance, Softube, tons of NI VI's all air Spitfire, all Audiobro, all Berlin, EW PLAY, LLizard, MachFive3, Kontakt5, Omnisphere, RMX, LASS, all Soundtoys, Lexicon AU's, melodyne and others I know am forgetting, cause I'm old...Also mucho outboard rigs, MTPs, DTP, antelope WC, and 4 control surfaces with Raven.
waxman

Post by waxman »

Cool man... the channel strip thing for automation gives you back some vertical real estate on your monitor. I could not find keyboard short cuts for automation on and off. So I had to set up the batch command as a mouse move and click So I set up the channel strip to always be in the top left hand corner. If you figure out how to get keyboard short cuts for automation on off let me know...
waxman
labman

Post by labman »

waxman wrote: If you figure out how to get keyboard short cuts for automation on off let me know...
That is one of things I was stumped on. Have you asked Jamey?
waxman

Post by waxman »

labman wrote:
waxman wrote: If you figure out how to get keyboard short cuts for automation on off let me know...
That is one of things I was stumped on. Have you asked Jamey?
Hey Labman... Actually it was a rhetorical question.... There are no key short cuts built into DP for automation. That's why I came up with the Batch Command on the channel strip which is always anchored in the top left and corner of my Raven monitor. It allows me to use mouse commands to access the dp automation. I can arm and disarm the automation from with those batch command buttons in the pics I posted. Those BC's contain mouse commands. The plus side is I don't lose vertical real estate having to use the DP automation which is anchored in with the mute/record/solo buttons in the dp mixer. That takes to much vertical space on the monitor. Do you know how to make those batch commands? if not I can post it on the Slate forum.
waxman