ARIA Player MIDI Volume Issue

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Rusty Shackleford
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

ARIA Player MIDI Volume Issue

Post by Rusty Shackleford »

I am using the Garritan Aria Player (Jazz and Big Band Library) with multiple instruments in one instance. The Aria Player is loaded in V-Racks. Very strangely, some of the individual instrument faders in the mixer of the Aria player (not the DP MIDI track fader) are receiving volume data so when they play in DP, they are moving to a defined level on their own. There is no MIDI volume data on their MIDI track, VI track or anywhere else that I can see. As a result, I cannot set the volume level of the instrument within the Aria Player where I need it. I've disabled MIDI volume automation in the mixer and I cannot figure out how or where it is receiving this volume data. Any insight of what might be causing this or how to remedy it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks much.
iMac 20,1 10-core, 3.6Ghz, OS10.15.7, 128GB RAM, DP 10.13, VEP7
cuttime

Re: ARIA Player MIDI Volume Issue

Post by cuttime »

Been there, done that. Just don't touch the Aria faders and record the levels strictly from within DP. For some reason some of the instruments and/or ensembles want to jump to a default level at the start of a sequence. If you set them within DP they'll stay put. This technique might also work with Kontakt, as many have reported a similar issue, but that fix could be a bit more complex.
828x MacOS 13.6.5 M1 Studio Max 1TB 64G DP11.31
Rusty Shackleford

Re: ARIA Player MIDI Volume Issue

Post by Rusty Shackleford »

cuttime wrote:Just don't touch the Aria faders and record the levels strictly from within DP. For some reason some of the instruments and/or ensembles want to jump to a default level at the start of a sequence. If you set them within DP they'll stay put.
I guess I must've touched the MIDI levels via my controller at some point even though no automation was recorded. I just put the Aria faders where I needed them via the controller and not with the mouse and that seems to now keep them put. Need to make sure they're not accidentally touched again. Thanks for your reply, cuttime.
iMac 20,1 10-core, 3.6Ghz, OS10.15.7, 128GB RAM, DP 10.13, VEP7