Realidrums

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Tonio
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Realidrums

Post by Tonio »

Anyone utilizing this drum VI? Seems like a good idea for creating scratch
drums for song writing.

I'll be crossgrading EZdrummer to Superior drummer 2 while the sale is on ( end this month), but when I saw the moto of "quick & easy" I am having 2nd thoughts.
Especially about pulling up MIDI loops to match the tune for construction gets old quick. The keyswitches to trigger fills seems doable.

http://realitone.com/realidrums/
Mac Studio MAX 2TB/ 64GB RAM / DP11.2 / 828ES//
MP 5.1 3.33- 3 duo / OS10.14.6 / RX580 /DP10.13/828ES
James Steele
Site Administrator

Re: Realidrums

Post by James Steele »

Looks really interesting. I just looked them up in the NAMM app and they are at booth 6432, so I've added it to my list to go check out!
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
labman
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by labman »

Realidrums is the bomb. So amazing in its design and implementation. I suspect this is where drum tools will head in the future.

I am a longtime Superior user. I wish the ease of realidrums was in superior.
AMPGUI themes - Andy rocks!, 3 macs, MacPro 768GB ram, 16core OS11.7.10, DP11.31, all Waves, all SLATE, PSP, IK multimedia & Audioease plugs, all PAlliance, Softube, tons of NI VI's all air Spitfire, all Audiobro, all Berlin, EW PLAY, LLizard, MachFive3, Kontakt5, Omnisphere, RMX, LASS, all Soundtoys, Lexicon AU's, melodyne and others I know am forgetting, cause I'm old...Also mucho outboard rigs, MTPs, DTP, antelope WC, and 4 control surfaces with Raven.
Tonio

Post by Tonio »

labman, would you mind suggesting the use? I suppose you need to drag the MIDI file into DP for every change you make to the main groove. Keyswitches( fills) can be recorded in live, and make another pass on different sections of a tune?
Its hard to judge how it sounds, as its missing a full on set in the demo/walk through. By your reply, it implies SD still sounds better?
Tesionman

Post by Tesionman »

Great plugin but nothing will ever replace the real thing!! :twisted:
Get Real Live Drum Tracks @ http://www.hugoribeiro.com

Macbook Pro | DP 10.13 | Motu 8Pre (x2) | Apogee Duet 2
Sonor Drums | Sabian Cymbals | Remo Drumheads | Vater Drumsticks
labman
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by labman »

Hey Tonio. I love the superior sound and the kits we have put together thru the years. So thus far, I have just been dragging the MIDI stuff from Realidrums into DP to trigger S2. You are not able to just drag a MIDI groove, but can play/trigger into Realidrums an entire performance with intro verse fills etc, and drag that into DP.

Dont get me wrong, the drums in Realidrums are fine. But I love bleed from all the superior mics.
AMPGUI themes - Andy rocks!, 3 macs, MacPro 768GB ram, 16core OS11.7.10, DP11.31, all Waves, all SLATE, PSP, IK multimedia & Audioease plugs, all PAlliance, Softube, tons of NI VI's all air Spitfire, all Audiobro, all Berlin, EW PLAY, LLizard, MachFive3, Kontakt5, Omnisphere, RMX, LASS, all Soundtoys, Lexicon AU's, melodyne and others I know am forgetting, cause I'm old...Also mucho outboard rigs, MTPs, DTP, antelope WC, and 4 control surfaces with Raven.
Tonio

Post by Tonio »

thanks labman, got it !
I did see the whole walkthrough last night along with the update walkthrough.
Seems like I may be getting this soon..

T