Shortcut for vertical Zoom ?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
vudoo
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Shortcut for vertical Zoom ?

Post by vudoo »

I want to be able to hi light a track and hit a keyboard shortcut in order to obtain a predefined vertical zoom. Is this possible ? Thx
James Steele
Site Administrator
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Shortcut for vertical Zoom ?

Post by James Steele »

vudoo wrote:I want to be able to hi light a track and hit a keyboard shortcut in order to obtain a predefined vertical zoom. Is this possible ? Thx
Let me guess. This is possible in Pro Tools? I don't think you can hit a "predefined" zoom level. I use a short cut to bump it up a few sizes until I'm happy.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
Robert Randolph

Post by Robert Randolph »

The fastest zoom workflow for vertical zooming is using the zoom tool. Simply hold the Z key and select exactly what you wish to see on screen. You can then back out with "Zoom Back" (cmd-[ on mac). This is a much faster way to work than selecting a track and then hitting a shortcut.

Another good workflow is to learn to use the track selector and Maximum Vertical Zoom (cmd-opt-up/down on mac) or some set vertical zoom level. Then you can have your setting as you wish and simply fly around selecting what track to work on.
vudoo
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by vudoo »

Robert Randolph wrote:The fastest zoom workflow for vertical zooming is using the zoom tool. Simply hold the Z key and select exactly what you wish to see on screen. You can then back out with "Zoom Back" (cmd-[ on mac). This is a much faster way to work than selecting a track and then hitting a shortcut.

Another good workflow is to learn to use the track selector and Maximum Vertical Zoom (cmd-opt-up/down on mac) or some set vertical zoom level. Then you can have your setting as you wish and simply fly around selecting what track to work on.
Great tips...thx Robert
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Thanks, Robert, for coming to the rescue. Should have thought of that one! Excellent tip!
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

You can define 3 preset zoom levels and assign them to shortcuts. Looks for "zoom to setting" and "set zoom setting" in the Commands window.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
Robert Randolph

Post by Robert Randolph »

bayswater wrote:You can define 3 preset zoom levels and assign them to shortcuts. Looks for "zoom to setting" and "set zoom setting" in the Commands window.
That only works for horizontal zoom though.