Transferring locked markers between sequences

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
mesayre
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Transferring locked markers between sequences

Post by mesayre »

Hey all,
I have been wondering and searching around for a way to transfer locked markers from one sequence to another. I want to transfer ONLY the markers, locked to their timecode locations. No time sigs, no tempo data needed (or wanted!).

The reason is that I have the audio from several different cues in a single playback sequence, and I find it very convenient to simply place markers while I'm listening to take shorthand notes. But then I need to get those markers back into the individual sequences so I can work from them.

I can transfer them manually, but that can't possibly be the only way...right? I've tried selecting only the markers and putting them in a clipping, but that doesn't seem to retain the timecode - when I put them in a new sequence in just places them at the beginning of the new sequence timeline. Simple copy & paste won't select locked markers. Search & Export gives me a nice little HTML table (That's cool, actually - I'll use that someday), but nothing I can import.

I know it's possible to merge conductor tracks using the Song window, but that seems like a lot of steps for something that ought to be a simple thing, and would mess up my existing conductor tracks in each cue.

Am I missing something?
DP 10 - Win 10 - Ultralite AVB