SynthMaster & SnythMaster Player sound different on same preset

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
James Steele
Site Administrator
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

SynthMaster & SnythMaster Player sound different on same preset

Post by James Steele »

kgdrum wrote:...Synthmaster is working,it's really cool,sounds nice and for $10 WOW!!!

:love: :woohoo: :dance: :love: :woohoo: :dance: :love: :woohoo: :love: :woohoo: :dance:
You know what's weird though? I installed Synthmaster and Synthmaster Player. I figured sinceI don't really tweak much with sounds I might use Sythmaster Player more. Then I discovered something a bit strange. I was playing with the Factory Preset "PAD Lost in Space FN" on Synthmaster and it sounded great... wide, spacious. I loaded the same present in Synthmaster Player and, well... it sounds AWFUL! NOTHING like how it sounds in the full Synthmaster. Can you confirm? Is it me? Seems very wrong. :?:
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
terrybritton
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Re: SynthMaster & SnythMaster Player sound different on same

Post by terrybritton »

James Steele wrote:
kgdrum wrote:...Synthmaster is working,it's really cool,sounds nice and for $10 WOW!!!

:love: :woohoo: :dance: :love: :woohoo: :dance: :love: :woohoo: :love: :woohoo: :dance:
You know what's weird though? I installed Synthmaster and Synthmaster Player. I figured sinceI don't really tweak much with sounds I might use Sythmaster Player more. Then I discovered something a bit strange. I was playing with the Factory Preset "PAD Lost in Space FN" on Synthmaster and it sounded great... wide, spacious. I loaded the same present in Synthmaster Player and, well... it sounds AWFUL! NOTHING like how it sounds in the full Synthmaster. Can you confirm? Is it me? Seems very wrong. :?:
James, are you sure that is the full version of the Player? The reason I ask is that I assumed I had the license for the player version as well as part of this deal, but when I went to download the license key file, it told me I hadn't purchased it. So that might be a demo???

Anyway, Guitar Center finally delivered this evening, and I'm pretty impressed, just listening to some of the sequences and pads. Nice stuff!

Terry
Computer: Sweetwater CS400v7 Intel Core i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz | 64Gigs RAM | Windows 11 Pro x64 |
MOTU 828 mk3 hybrid

DAWs & Live: MOTU Digital Performer 11.31 | Cantabile Performer 4
Keyboard Synths: Kawai K5000s, Korg Wavestation
Controllers: NI Komplete Kontrol S-88 Mk3 & S-49 Mk2; Maschine Mk3 & JAM;
Akai MPK249 & 225, Alesis QX49, Behringer BCF2000 & FCB1010
Rack Modules: Ensoniq ESQm, Yamaha TX81Z, Wavestation SR

Tutorials: https://youtube.com/@CreatorsMediaTools
cuttime

Post by cuttime »

[quote

If you check the browser engine, you can see rendering resolutions:
You can change the quality here.
828x MacOS 13.6.6 M1 Studio Max 1TB 64G DP11.31
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

cuttime wrote:If you check the browser engine, you can see rendering resolutions:
You can change the quality here.
Thanks. I already know about that and that's not what the issue is.

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
kgdrum

Post by kgdrum »

James Steele wrote:

Well as usual I will do my best to add to the confusion. :shock:

I installed Synthmaster,I didn't see any reason to bother with the Player,even if you're only going to play presets and not tweak you can certainly do that with the full version of Synthmaster or is there something about the Player I don't understand.......
But as I installed,trashed and reinstalled I noticed in the process 2 serial #s and different codes were generated.
So I presume this process generates serial #s for SM each time.....

James did you have 2 different serial #s or did you auth both with the same serial # and auth file?
I'm also curious what advantage would using the player have over the full SM?
Wouldn't the same patch being played use the same system resources?
I'll either try to install and auth the player if I get the time,also I've already communicated with KV331 when my 1st install went weird so I will ask him if we have both SM & the player and if so what advantage would using the player have.
Curious..........
2012 Mac Pro 3.46GHz 12 core 96 gig,Mojave, DP11.01,Logic 10.51, RME UCX,Great River ME-1NV,a few microphones,UAD2, Komplete 12U,U-he,Omni & way too many VI's,Synths & FX galore!, Mimic Pro w/ SD3,Focal Twin 6 monitors, Shunyata...........
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

kgdrum wrote:James did you have 2 different serial #s or did you auth both with the same serial # and auth file?
I'm also curious what advantage would using the player have over the full SM?
Wouldn't the same patch being played use the same system resources?
I'll either try to install and auth the player if I get the time,also I've already communicated with KV331 when my 1st install went weird so I will ask him if we have both SM & the player and if so what advantage would using the player have.
Curious..........
l installed both SM and then SMP. I used the same serial number for both. As I recall after you run the installer and then launch DP, during the AU validation at DP's startup you're presented with a dialog box in which you must enter your serial number? Either way, it's not a big deal. I installed the Player version mostly out of curiosity and because I'm not much of a synth programmer and didn't see my self tweaking with any of the sounds. As it turned out at least one patch thatI know of sounded dramatically wrong in SMP versus SM.

Anyway... this is getting OT for this topic and every response is generation a notification to people who may think there's another deal out there they need to see. I may split this off into another topic.

kgdrum

Post by kgdrum »

Hi James,
I emailed the contact person I have been dealing with @ KV331.

I will let you know what he says.........
2012 Mac Pro 3.46GHz 12 core 96 gig,Mojave, DP11.01,Logic 10.51, RME UCX,Great River ME-1NV,a few microphones,UAD2, Komplete 12U,U-he,Omni & way too many VI's,Synths & FX galore!, Mimic Pro w/ SD3,Focal Twin 6 monitors, Shunyata...........
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Thanks. Not a big deal, as I think you mentioned. I just use full version of SM. Still curious. I had the same thing happen back in the old days when the Plugsound Pro VI still worked (for a brief period I think I got it working with 32 Lives) and a few presets loaded into it sounded different than when loaded into UVI Workstation. Speaking of which, I bet there's an update out for the latter I might go get.

cuttime

Post by cuttime »

Sorry to bump this up with a slightly OT comment: Does anyone notice that the LFO button is missing from the sT-Tranquil Blue skin?
What's supposed to be:
What I got:
828x MacOS 13.6.6 M1 Studio Max 1TB 64G DP11.31