Isn't there a way of hiding key switches in Quickscribe?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
MikeInBoston
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Isn't there a way of hiding key switches in Quickscribe?

Post by MikeInBoston »

I thought that if the note velocity was below a certain amount, it wouldn't show up in Quickscribe. I've put the velocity down to zero, and the key switch is still showing up as a note in the notation. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks, everyone.

Mike
buzzsmith
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Isn't there a way of hiding key switches in Quickscribe?

Post by buzzsmith »

I create a 2nd MIDI track assigned to the same instrument and channel and put the key switches there. That leaves your track for Quickscribe clear.

Buzzy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Early 2009 Mac Pro 4,1>5,1 3.33 GHz Hex Core Intel Xeon OS X 10.8.5 SSD (32 gigs RAM)
DP 9.51 PCI-424e / original 2408, 2408mkII, 24I/O, MTP-AV

Yamaha C7 Conservatory Grand
Hammond B-3 / Leslie 145
Focal Twin6 Be(s)

stubbsonic

Post by stubbsonic »

In the QuickScribe mini-menu, Options/Score Options, there's a little setting in the lower left that lets you set "Ignore Mistakes" for notes with velocities or durations of less than some amount. If you set the velocity to 0, that might be problematic as that is sometimes interpreted as a note-off. Perhaps a velocity of 1, and while you're at it, a duration of 1 tick? That should hide em.
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
MikeInBoston
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by MikeInBoston »

Thank you, guys. That's what I was looking for.

Mike
magicd

Post by magicd »

Quickscribe options also allow you to have "Playback only" notes that play but are not displayed in the score.

Dave