DP, Spaces on multiple monitors

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
philbrown
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

DP, Spaces on multiple monitors

Post by philbrown »

I've researched this and can't figure it out. I've tried checking and unchecking 'Displays have separate spaces' in Mission Control prefs. Right now I have my main consoladated window on my left monitor and the mixing board and plug windows on the right. All I want do is basically swap the two with one key press. I understand Spaces but using multiple monitors it just refuses to do what I think it's supposed to do- disappearing windows- it's hard to explain verbally but seems bonkers. I thought changing the MC prefs would help but it didn't. It's probably my error, but to me it seems buggy. Any tips or can anyone point me to a video or something? I have looked but haven't found anything using Spaces with multiple monitors- they're all trying to simulate multiple monitors. I'm on 10.9.5 DP 8.07.

TIA,
Phil
2020 iMac 27" 3.6GHz 10 core i9 • Mac OS 12.2.1 • DP 11.04 • UAD-8 Octo card • Midas M32R

Plugs: UAD•Slate•Scuffham•Flux IRCAM•NI Komplete•Klanghelm•Waves•Spectrasonics•Arturia•Soundtoys•Nomad Factory•PSP•Stillwell•Cytomic•Korg•Five12•GForce
HCMarkus

Re: DP, Spaces on multiple monitors

Post by HCMarkus »

Phil, how about doing it in DP with Window Sets?
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

I don't think Window Sets can recall Screens, just window positions. When this came up earlier, someone said Apple had not published the APIs necessary, although they seem to be able to associate an application with a screen.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
philbrown

Post by philbrown »

HCMarkus wrote:Phil, how about doing it in DP with Window Sets?
Thank you HC! I was making it way too complicated. Honestly I tried window sets 3-4 years ago and haven't messed with it since. DP is so awesome I just need to use it wisely and :rtfm:
2020 iMac 27" 3.6GHz 10 core i9 • Mac OS 12.2.1 • DP 11.04 • UAD-8 Octo card • Midas M32R

Plugs: UAD•Slate•Scuffham•Flux IRCAM•NI Komplete•Klanghelm•Waves•Spectrasonics•Arturia•Soundtoys•Nomad Factory•PSP•Stillwell•Cytomic•Korg•Five12•GForce