Update for Modo Bass

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Phil O
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Update for Modo Bass

Post by Phil O »

mhschmieder wrote:...F#...
Any time I hear of F# problems it reminds me of the time where I spent my lunch break trying to figure out why F# wouldn't record from an old Roland keyboard. I ended up calling MOTU and the nice person in tech support told me about the default setting of F# for one of the MIDI commands. I can't remember which one it is (as I removed it and haven't looked back). It sounds like your problem might be different, but it's worth checking it out anyway in the Commands window. Why the heck would they pick that as a default? :shock:

Phil
DP 11.23, 2020 M1 Mac Mini [9,1] (16 Gig RAM), Mac Pro 3GHz 8 core [6,1] (16 Gig RAM), OS 14.3.1/11.6.2, Lynx Aurora (n) 8tb, MOTU 8pre-es, MOTU M6, MOTU 828, Apogee Rosetta 800, UAD-2 Satellite, a truckload of outboard gear and plug-ins, and a partridge in a pear tree.
mhschmieder

Post by mhschmieder »

Mike, not sure which other thread, but I'm just logging in after company meeting so am not caught up.

[ EDIT: Oh, I see, the main MODO bass topic vs. this update topic. I forgot there were two topics. ]

Remember, I'm near the end of the alphabet, so I often don't get emails for vendor accounts until 24-48 hours after people near the beginning of the alphabet.

I'll run the latest update when I get home late tonight, and will try to meticulously go through my earlier notes and clarify whether any of the issues remain that I noted late last night.
iMac 27" 2017 Quad-Core Intel i5 (3.8 GHz, 64 GB), OSX 13.6.6, MOTU DP 11.31, iZotope RX 10
RME Babyface Pro FS, Radial JDV Mk5, Hammond XK-4, Moog Voyager

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35
Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, Johhny Marr Jaguar, 57 LP, Danelectro 12
Eastman T486RB, T64/V, Ibanez PM2, D'angelico Deluxe SS Bari, EXL1
Guild Bari, 1512 12-string, M20, Martin OM28VTS, Larivee 0040MH
mhschmieder

Post by mhschmieder »

No more note dropouts on slap style after this second update.

Only mild differences with finger style -- probably attributable to random variation.

This update has no issues that I can see, and sounds/works the best so far.
iMac 27" 2017 Quad-Core Intel i5 (3.8 GHz, 64 GB), OSX 13.6.6, MOTU DP 11.31, iZotope RX 10
RME Babyface Pro FS, Radial JDV Mk5, Hammond XK-4, Moog Voyager

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35
Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, Johhny Marr Jaguar, 57 LP, Danelectro 12
Eastman T486RB, T64/V, Ibanez PM2, D'angelico Deluxe SS Bari, EXL1
Guild Bari, 1512 12-string, M20, Martin OM28VTS, Larivee 0040MH