Free Native Instruments Kontakt Library - Time Limited

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
mhschmieder
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Free Native Instruments Kontakt Library - Time Limited

Post by mhschmieder »

OK, that worked this time -- I had to enable cookies, which I on principle disallow everywhere.

Be aware that products are listed chronologically forward from the top, in the order in which they were registered, and that obsolete and unsupported products are not chopped from the list.

Actually, I kind of like it that that is the case, as it means that should anything ever go south with any aspect of the system, we have a "way back" that should work better than Time Machine (given that most of us are unlikely to have Time Machine drives that still hold the last ten years or so worth of changes).
iMac 27" 2017 Quad-Core Intel i5 (3.8 GHz, 64 GB), OSX 13.6.6, MOTU DP 11.31, iZotope RX 10
RME Babyface Pro FS, Radial JDV Mk5, Hammond XK-4, Moog Voyager

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35
Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, Johhny Marr Jaguar, 57 LP, Danelectro 12
Eastman T486RB, T64/V, Ibanez PM2, D'angelico Deluxe SS Bari, EXL1
Guild Bari, 1512 12-string, M20, Martin OM28VTS, Larivee 0040MH
HCMarkus

Post by HCMarkus »

For whatever reason, the installers within the Komplete 10 group do not find my boot drive; I'm thinking that I may have renamed my boot drive when I moved to a larger boot SSD, and NI is still looking for the old name. I wonder how I can update the name NI is looking for...?

I did have success using Pacifist (application) to extract the AU Components from the installers to the proper spot within Library>Audio>Components. But a bit of a pain.
kgdrum

Post by kgdrum »

HC- why not rename the SSD to the old name? Wouldn't that be easier?
2012 Mac Pro 3.46GHz 12 core 96 gig,Mojave, DP11.01,Logic 10.51, RME UCX,Great River ME-1NV,a few microphones,UAD2, Komplete 12U,U-he,Omni & way too many VI's,Synths & FX galore!, Mimic Pro w/ SD3,Focal Twin 6 monitors, Shunyata...........
HCMarkus

Post by HCMarkus »

kgdrum wrote:HC- why not rename the SSD to the old name? Wouldn't that be easier?
Except I'm afraid what other havoc might be wreaked! I've got what I need going; think I'll wait until next update unless NI provides me with the required info to redirect its resources.

Thanks kg, and happy holidays!
dix

Post by dix »

mikehalloran wrote:I just bought Komplete last week but have not yet installed it. I have some some older Arturia plugs, others I've never used because they required Kontakt plus some ancient NI that hasn't worked since OS 10.3(?). I've not downloaded the new freebie yet.

So, is this Native Access nonsense something I get to look forward to? Oh boy!
Any changes in the the status of Native Access? I'm considering upgrading to Komplete 11 Ultimate, but all the reports of Native Access breaking installs etc. has me wondering if I should find a better place for my end of the year tax-writeoff spending.

...not to hijack this thread, but i'm also looking for opinions on K11U. NA issues aside, is it worth it?
14-inch MBP M1 Max (2021), 13.6.x, 64GB RAM, UAD Quad Tb Satellite, 4 displays ::: 2009 4,1 > 5,1 MacPro 12-core 3.33 ghz , 10.14.x, 96GB RAM, GeForce GTX 770 , NewerTech eSATA/USB3 PCIe Host Adapter, UAD-2 Quad, ::: 15-inch MBP (2015) 10.14.x, 16GB RAM ::: Lynx Aurora (n) USB ::: DP (latest version), Vienna Ensemble Pro danwool.com
kgdrum

Post by kgdrum »

dix wrote:
mikehalloran wrote:I just bought Komplete last week but have not yet installed it. I have some some older Arturia plugs, others I've never used because they required Kontakt plus some ancient NI that hasn't worked since OS 10.3(?). I've not downloaded the new freebie yet.

So, is this Native Access nonsense something I get to look forward to? Oh boy!
Any changes in the the status of Native Access? I'm considering upgrading to Komplete 11 Ultimate, but all the reports of Native Access breaking installs etc. has me wondering if I should find a better place for my end of the year tax-writeoff spending.

...not to hijack this thread, but i'm also looking for opinions on K11U. NA issues aside, is it worth it?

According to Mario Krušelj aka Evil Dragon who is one of the best Kontakt script writers in Kontakt land,NI is aware of the Native Access issue and are "working feverishly day and night to fix this"
I'm sure they will get this fixed asap as he states this is affecting SEVERAL developers so you might want to buy now if you need the write off and install later after they fix this.
I have the freebie sitting in my account but I will not install it until this issue is resolved.
2012 Mac Pro 3.46GHz 12 core 96 gig,Mojave, DP11.01,Logic 10.51, RME UCX,Great River ME-1NV,a few microphones,UAD2, Komplete 12U,U-he,Omni & way too many VI's,Synths & FX galore!, Mimic Pro w/ SD3,Focal Twin 6 monitors, Shunyata...........
dix

Post by dix »

might want to buy now if you need the write off and install later after they fix this.
Thx! With this info in mind I believe I'll do just that. Fingers crossed they figure it out soon.
14-inch MBP M1 Max (2021), 13.6.x, 64GB RAM, UAD Quad Tb Satellite, 4 displays ::: 2009 4,1 > 5,1 MacPro 12-core 3.33 ghz , 10.14.x, 96GB RAM, GeForce GTX 770 , NewerTech eSATA/USB3 PCIe Host Adapter, UAD-2 Quad, ::: 15-inch MBP (2015) 10.14.x, 16GB RAM ::: Lynx Aurora (n) USB ::: DP (latest version), Vienna Ensemble Pro danwool.com
mikehalloran

Post by mikehalloran »

I had no problems, actually. It took a long time but Komplete 11 installed correctly to my 500G SSD connected via eSATA. I downloaded the freebie as well as the others we've been discussing. They, too, behaved.
Last edited by mikehalloran on Sun Dec 25, 2016 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DP 11.31; 828mkII FW, micro lite, M4, MTP/AV USB Firmware 2.0.1
2023 Mac Studio M2 8TB, 192GB RAM, OS Sonoma 14.4.1, USB4 8TB external, M-Audio AIR 192|14, Mackie ProFxv3 6/10/12; 2012 MBPs Catalina, Mojave
IK-NI-Izotope-PSP-Garritan-Antares, LogicPro X, Finale 27.4, Dorico 5.2, Notion 6, Overture 5, TwistedWave, DSP-Q 5, SmartScore64 Pro, Toast 20 Pro
dix

Post by dix »

I'm seeing on other forums that problems are more the exception than the rule. Still, I'd probably wait for an updated NA to run it if I get K11U.
frankf

Post by frankf »

I've had few issues with Native Access and KT11U. I set the install destinations in preferences and all was good. But...I found that with a few older libraries which I had installed and are no longer part of KT11U, I got a failed message after an update stalled in NA. FM8 was one of them. Service Center worked. What was bothering me is that even though NA was saying an update was available for these, the versions I had were the same NA was reporting needed to be updated. I've got it sorted but to do so was confusing
Frank Ferrucci
http://www.ferruccimusic.com
Mac Pro 6,1 64gb RAM DP9.52 OSX 10.12.6 MIO 2882d & ULN2d Firewire Audio Interfaces, MOTU MTP-AV USB