9 GB Sonivox orchestral library for $1

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
dbender
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: 9 GB Sonivox orchestral library for $1

Post by dbender »

mhschmieder wrote:
Note that the Singles do not seem to have the ability to re-point where their samples sit. But collectively, they only take up a bit more than 1 GB of disc space.

Have you tried the alias or symlink method? (i.e., alias in internal HD to external HD where you relocate the content to) Sometimes that works, but not always with VI content libraries.
iMac 3.0 GHz, 8 GHz ram, OS 10.6.4, MOTU 828 Mk II, MOTU MIDI Express-XT (x2), KRK Rokit 6's, Novation Remote Zero SL, Radikal SAC-2k, Triton rack maxed out, Matrix 1000, Handsonic HPD-15 drum pads, tons 'o VI's.....
mhschmieder

Post by mhschmieder »

Hmm, might be worth a shot. But I might explore the GUI's more first, as I didn't at first find where to do it in 88 or Big Bang, as those GUI's have two separate settings icons (one large and one small).
iMac 27" 2017 Quad-Core Intel i5 (3.8 GHz, 64 GB), OSX 13.6.1, MOTU DP 11.31, iZotope RX 10
RME Babyface Pro FS, Radial JDV Mk5, Hammond XK-4, Moog Voyager

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35
Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, Johhny Marr Jaguar, 57 LP, Danelectro 12
Eastman T486RB, T64/V, Ibanez PM2, D'angelico Deluxe SS Bari, EXL1
Guild Bari, 1512 12-string, M20, Martin OM28VTS, Larivee 0040MH
dbender

Post by dbender »

mhschmieder wrote:Hmm, might be worth a shot. But I might explore the GUI's more first, as I didn't at first find where to do it in 88 or Big Bang, as those GUI's have two separate settings icons (one large and one small).

Right on. I did the alias and symlink thing before looking at the gui, and did not work. Then looked at gui more, saw the cog wheel icon, and relocated via that to point to the content I'd moved to the external HD first. So, should have checked gui or read manual first ....d'oh!

Please let us know if the singles have the ability like Orchestral Companion – Violins does, to relocate the content. My internal HD space is getting to tight, I only buy VI's now that let you install the content on an external HD. Thanks!
iMac 3.0 GHz, 8 GHz ram, OS 10.6.4, MOTU 828 Mk II, MOTU MIDI Express-XT (x2), KRK Rokit 6's, Novation Remote Zero SL, Radikal SAC-2k, Triton rack maxed out, Matrix 1000, Handsonic HPD-15 drum pads, tons 'o VI's.....
philbrown

Post by philbrown »

I bought the companion strings for $1.02. LOTS of stuck notes with it, even playing simple chords. I haven't had any stuck notes for years. Anyone else getting stuck notes?
"You get what you pay for" comes to mind...
2020 iMac 27" 3.6GHz 10 core i9 • Mac OS 12.2.1 • DP 11.04 • UAD-8 Octo card • Midas M32R

Plugs: UAD•Slate•Scuffham•Flux IRCAM•NI Komplete•Klanghelm•Waves•Spectrasonics•Arturia•Soundtoys•Nomad Factory•PSP•Stillwell•Cytomic•Korg•Five12•GForce