Needing a Loop Tutorial

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
csiaudio
Primary DAW OS: MacOS
Location: Indiana; Where the corn is tall and the women are wide!

Needing a Loop Tutorial

Post by csiaudio »

I rarely use loops but Big Fish had some that I like on Black Friday so I picked them up. It came with Apple Loops, REX & WAV's but I'm doing something wrong because when I drag them in and adjust the tempo the loop doesn't change to the new tempo.

So, if anyone can direct me to a video tutorial I would appreciate it.

Thanks.
Capturing the Colors of Sound!

Mac Mini M1 2020 -- DP 11.2 -- Universal Audio Apollo Quad -- Apollo Twin -- SPL Kultube Compressor -- Slate Virtual Mic -- Eve SC207's w/KRK Sub
stubbsonic

Re: Needing a Loop Tutorial

Post by stubbsonic »

EDIT:

See post below for original quote. I stand corrected! :sorry:

I will go and RTFM.
Last edited by stubbsonic on Thu Dec 08, 2016 7:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
M1 MBP; OS 12, FF800, DP 11.3, Kontakt 7, Reaktor 6, PC3K7, K2661S, iPad6, Godin XTSA, Two Ibanez 5 string basses (1 fretted, 1 fretless), FM3, SY-1000, etc.

http://www.jonstubbsmusic.com
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

stubbsonic wrote:I don't think DP will adjust those loops the way Garageband does.
?? Have a look at p 33. in the V9 manual. Don't know the page in the V8

For Acid and Apple Loops: tempo will be imported with the audio so that it will automatically conform to the sequence tempo when placed in a track, as long as automatic tempo conversion (as explained in “Automatic Conversions” on page 79) is enabled.

There is a similar instruction for REX files on the same page.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8
csiaudio
Location: Indiana; Where the corn is tall and the women are wide!

Post by csiaudio »

bayswater wrote:
stubbsonic wrote:I don't think DP will adjust those loops the way Garageband does.
?? Have a look at p 33. in the V9 manual. Don't know the page in the V8

For Acid and Apple Loops: tempo will be imported with the audio so that it will automatically conform to the sequence tempo when placed in a track, as long as automatic tempo conversion (as explained in “Automatic Conversions” on page 79) is enabled.

There is a similar instruction for REX files on the same page.
Hey Bayswater - yeah this is the issue so I'm glad you brought this up. I have all the proper things checking the the Pref's "Background Processing" and still the imported file is not conforming. I did actually read the manual before posting and should have mentioned these things so again thanks for point this out. Any thoughts on what I'm doing wrong?

Thanks!
Capturing the Colors of Sound!

Mac Mini M1 2020 -- DP 11.2 -- Universal Audio Apollo Quad -- Apollo Twin -- SPL Kultube Compressor -- Slate Virtual Mic -- Eve SC207's w/KRK Sub
Tonio

Post by Tonio »

If you have Stylus RMX, you can convert them with Spectra's SAGE converter and use the loops in RMX.

Otherwise , I think there should be another preference in DP along w/ automatic tempo conversion-sorry not in front of my system now.
Mac Studio MAX 2TB/ 64GB RAM / DP11.2 / 828ES//
MP 5.1 3.33- 3 duo / OS10.14.6 / RX580 /DP10.13/828ES
bayswater

Post by bayswater »

csiaudio wrote: Any thoughts on what I'm doing wrong?
Sorry, no I don't. Haven't used loops for a very long time, and not with V9, but it seemed pretty simple when I did.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8