New Fender 50's/60's amps for AmpliTube from IK Multimedia

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
mhschmieder
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

New Fender 50's/60's amps for AmpliTube from IK Multimedia

Post by mhschmieder »

http://www.ikmultimedia.com/products/fender2/

A welcome addition to AmpliTube, and one that I will pre-order once I have balanced the books after an unexpected spending spree on high-end ribbon and tube condenser mics. :-)

I own the '59 Bassman, but am quite curious about the '57 Pro, the original tweed Deluxe, etc., and this would be a good way to quickly compare what each has on offer, in the context of a mix.
iMac 27" 2017 Quad-Core Intel i5 (3.8 GHz, 64 GB), OSX 13.6.1, MOTU DP 11.31, iZotope RX 10
RME Babyface Pro FS, Radial JDV Mk5, Hammond XK-4, Moog Voyager

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35
Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, Johhny Marr Jaguar, 57 LP, Danelectro 12
Eastman T486RB, T64/V, Ibanez PM2, D'angelico Deluxe SS Bari, EXL1
Guild Bari, 1512 12-string, M20, Martin OM28VTS, Larivee 0040MH
David Polich

Re: New Fender 50's/60's amps for AmpliTube from IK Multimed

Post by David Polich »

With my JamPoints, I was able to get the pre-order price down to $70.

Supposedly iK is introducing an even newer technology with this collection which goes
even farther with modeling than Amplitube 4. Which I have and love.

Those elves at 1K have been busy lately.
2019 Mac Pro 8-core, 32GB RAM, Mac OS Ventura, MIDI Express 128, Apogee Duet 3, DP 11.2x, Waves, Slate , Izotope, UAD, Amplitube 5, Tonex, Spectrasonics, Native Instruments, Pianoteq, Soniccouture, Arturia, Amplesound, Acustica, Reason Objekt, Plasmonic, Vital, Cherry Audio, Toontrack, BFD, Yamaha Motif XF6, Yamaha Montage M6, Korg Kronos X61, Alesis Ion,Sequential Prophet 6, Sequential OB-6, Hammond XK5, Yamaha Disklavier MK 3 piano.
http://www.davepolich.com
mhschmieder

Post by mhschmieder »

Yeah, I had already paid for the pre-order with JamPoints discounts bringing it down to $72, before noticing that they have bumped up the technology considerably with this release -- perhaps related to the modeling that they did for MODO BASS?
iMac 27" 2017 Quad-Core Intel i5 (3.8 GHz, 64 GB), OSX 13.6.1, MOTU DP 11.31, iZotope RX 10
RME Babyface Pro FS, Radial JDV Mk5, Hammond XK-4, Moog Voyager

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35
Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, Johhny Marr Jaguar, 57 LP, Danelectro 12
Eastman T486RB, T64/V, Ibanez PM2, D'angelico Deluxe SS Bari, EXL1
Guild Bari, 1512 12-string, M20, Martin OM28VTS, Larivee 0040MH
labman
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by labman »

Hey mark. Thanks for posting this. I shall be interested in hearing about the newer tech developments.
AMPGUI themes - Andy rocks!, 3 macs, MacPro 768GB ram, 16core OS11.7.10, DP11.31, all Waves, all SLATE, PSP, IK multimedia & Audioease plugs, all PAlliance, Softube, tons of NI VI's all air Spitfire, all Audiobro, all Berlin, EW PLAY, LLizard, MachFive3, Kontakt5, Omnisphere, RMX, LASS, all Soundtoys, Lexicon AU's, melodyne and others I know am forgetting, cause I'm old...Also mucho outboard rigs, MTPs, DTP, antelope WC, and 4 control surfaces with Raven.
IK Multimedia

Post by IK Multimedia »

Thanks for posting this. And yes, we've most certainly been busy with these recent releases. And during this time of year... We've been working so hard, so long, on these that they had to be released! :D
IK Multimedia

Post by IK Multimedia »

Just wanted to update folks following this thread/product and let you know that the special intro pricing on Fender Collection 2 is valid through January 15, 2017. Thanks!
jloeb

Post by jloeb »

Was never a fan of Amplitube up to and including 4. I could always tell it was Amplitube; had characteristics I found samey across all the models.

With this collection, IK is back in the game. These latest Fender models sound great to me, quite different from what they've done previously. Hard to say exactly why but I'm under the subjective impression that they sound really alive, detailed and interesting to listen into. Bought. Happy.