Everything Slate Sale

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
apanacci
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Everything Slate Sale

Post by apanacci »

Hey guys, just wanted to ask the forum , this Everything Slate Bundle sale is it a subscription or do you own everything without having to pay every year, thanks and do you think it is a goooood deal , thanks !
2009 8 Core 5.1, 2012 6 Core MacPro,s , (32 gigs Ram) Mojave 14.6, Radeon 570, MacBookPros 2011, 2017 , 828MKIII Hybrid, 828X, MicroBook II, 8Pre, Nuendo 8ch A/D converter, PreSonus DigiMax LT ,DP11 , PT 2022.12, Cubase Elements 10.5, Peak 7, Logic 9 ,WaveLab 11, Reason 10, DSP-Quattro 5 ,many plugins , mics and synths. http://www.panaccimusic.com
buzzsmith

Re: Everything Slate Sale

Post by buzzsmith »

If I'm understanding, the Everything Bundle comes in two flavors. 14.99/month due every month (or pay all 12 at once). 24.99/month can be paused and resumed at any time with no charges during the paused time. It is a subscription model.

BTW, if you're on Facebook, search for Slate Audiophiles. Steven, himself, is quite active in this group.

Buzzy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Early 2009 Mac Pro 4,1>5,1 3.33 GHz Hex Core Intel Xeon OS X 10.8.5 SSD (32 gigs RAM)
DP 9.51 PCI-424e / original 2408, 2408mkII, 24I/O, MTP-AV

Yamaha C7 Conservatory Grand
Hammond B-3 / Leslie 145
Focal Twin6 Be(s)

waxman

Post by waxman »

I think you can start and stop any subscription.... Also the plugs are reduced. Those you own no yearly charge... personally the subscription works way better for me...
waxman
DP9.5, Macbook Pro (2018) Mojave, Slate VMS mic, Everything Bundle, Dual Raven MTI 2, Apollo Twin Quad, UAD Arrow, UAD Satellite Octo Tbolt and all the UAD plugs, NI Komplete 11 Ultimate & Arturia V Collection 6, Maschine Studio MK3 Hardware, NI Komplete Kontrol 61s MK 2, Spectrasonics Ominisphere, Superior Drummer, BFD3, Ozone 7, Altiverb, Sound Toys, Waves, Final Cut X. PT 11.
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Yeah well I blew it and missed the Pre Black Friday sale that ended Tuesday at midnight. You got a year license for the Everything Bundle AND a permanent license to another plug (like their new reverb plug for $149). I'm bummed I missed it.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
labman
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by labman »

Yup. Yearly is more than worth it.
AMPGUI themes - Andy rocks!, 3 macs, MacPro 768GB ram, 16core OS11.7.10, DP11.31, all Waves, all SLATE, PSP, IK multimedia & Audioease plugs, all PAlliance, Softube, tons of NI VI's all air Spitfire, all Audiobro, all Berlin, EW PLAY, LLizard, MachFive3, Kontakt5, Omnisphere, RMX, LASS, all Soundtoys, Lexicon AU's, melodyne and others I know am forgetting, cause I'm old...Also mucho outboard rigs, MTPs, DTP, antelope WC, and 4 control surfaces with Raven.
mhschmieder

Post by mhschmieder »

I hemmed and hawed but finally did it last Tuesday right before leaving for a Thanksgiving holiday in L.A.

My rationale was that I already own perpetual licenses to all but the newest three, and we get one of those (it will be the reverb in my case) as part of the deal sweetener.

So, it's low risk, in that I can always revert to perpetual licenses and fill in the blanks, should the unlikely happen and the bundle go up significantly in price or drop half of its products.
iMac 27" 2017 Quad-Core Intel i5 (3.8 GHz, 64 GB), OSX 13.6.6, MOTU DP 11.31, iZotope RX 10
RME Babyface Pro FS, Radial JDV Mk5, Hammond XK-4, Moog Voyager

Eugenio Upright, 60th Anniversary P-Bass, USA Geddy Lee J-Bass, Yamaha BBP35
Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, Johhny Marr Jaguar, 57 LP, Danelectro 12
Eastman T486RB, T64/V, Ibanez PM2, D'angelico Deluxe SS Bari, EXL1
Guild Bari, 1512 12-string, M20, Martin OM28VTS, Larivee 0040MH
mhschmieder

Post by mhschmieder »

Did anybody else not receive their voucher for one free perpetual license?

I spent hours on this late last night, and found nothing in either account, email messages or spam.

I did the purchase during the pre-sale late last Monday, and then left for L.A. for the holiday weekend by train in late afternoon last Wednesday, having not yet received the voucher but not being concerned as I never saw anything about how long it should take or how long it is good for.

When I got back to the SF Bay Area mid-day yesterday, I found no emails or span, and nothing in my Slate or whatchamacallit accounts (I don't remember the name of that service provider for the licensing).

I had to resort to writing to Slate, but doubt I will get a response before my voucher expires at 1pm today (I received this expiry notice yesterday afternoon, but still no reference for the voucher or even any information on who would be sending it and what it might look like).

I tried several numbers in vain, associated with the purchase, in case those were meant to be used as the voucher. No luck.

Not happy about this; I only did the subscription plan when I did due to the voucher, and otherwise would have used sales to buy a perpetual license and continue to wait on the subscription as I'm not likely to use Slate products again until around January due to recording priorities right now.

Just to be clear, I used the REDEEM store and not the regular Slate store, and logged in first as well, as the email gave some hint that the voucher would be auto-applied based on recognizing the email of the user and/or the specific link used to reach the REDEEM store. No such luck; still $199 when I get to the payment page for selecting payment source.
iMac 27" 2017 Quad-Core Intel i5 (3.8 GHz, 64 GB), OSX 13.6.6, MOTU DP 11.31, iZotope RX 10

Select Strat, 70th Anniversary Esquire, Johhny Marr Jaguar, 57 LP, Danelectro 12
mhschmieder

Post by mhschmieder »

Over at GS, several others had the same problem with not receiving the voucher, and Steven said his support staff will take care of it, so now I'm not so worried. It was the wording in the expiry email that concerned me.

"Sorry you didn't get the email. Email blasts are difficult because once it leaves us, it's hard to know what specific mail clients will deem spam. However, if you did receive the voucher, it did clearly state the 29th deadline:

But not to worry, my support guys will make sure you get your FREE plugin that comes with the loyalty offer.. we're not going to leave you hanging dry."

mhschmieder

Post by mhschmieder »

An email was sent out just a bit ago to Slate customers apologizing for some glitches in the vouchers and the tutorial video link, along with an extension of the deadline to use the voucher and a promise to take care of people.

Surprisingly, I did receive the video link email. I downloaded the version for Digital Performer (it's a project file) but haven't loaded/watched it yet.

mhschmieder

Post by mhschmieder »

All is well; I found a copy of the voucher that had remained "stuck" on the email server due to Google Mail falsely seeing it as a duplicate of another email sent out at the same time.

I have redeemed the voucher for VerbSuite Classics and expect the iLok process will go very smoothly once I am at my home studio after work tonight.

James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

mhschmieder wrote:All is well; I found a copy of the voucher that had remained "stuck" on the email server due to Google Mail falsely seeing it as a duplicate of another email sent out at the same time.

I have redeemed the voucher for VerbSuite Classics and expect the iLok process will go very smoothly once I am at my home studio after work tonight.
Soooo jealous. I lagged on the "loyal customer deal" where you got the perpetual license... I had planned to go for VerbSuite Classics too. I thought maybe Slate would extend that longer... I was wrong. They really meant business. Which is okay I guess, because lacking that extra perpetual license I was not enticed enough to open my wallet so my money stayed there.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!