DP settings for extra large template: MIDI+audio tracks

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Tripi
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

DP settings for extra large template: MIDI+audio tracks

Post by Tripi »

Hello.... been a while since I needed to post a question, but here goes:

I'm working on a show that I've made a huge template for. Several hundred MIDI tracks, all routed to VEP (same computer) and back through multiple AUX inputs. I also have DP hosted VI's and several tracks of audio. My system was barely able to process a simple mouse click today. My computer, ram, and software is all up to date and sufficient. After I deleted 100 or so unused MIDI tracks, everything was smooth again. So, I'm wondering if there is a setting buried in the CONFIGURE AUDIO SYSTEM menu that lets DP work better with lots of MIDI tracks? I don't remember things working well with PREGEN mode and VEP, but has anyone tried it and free'd up resources?

Thanks!
12-Core Mac Pro, OS: Sierra w/ DP9 - always the latest version. Love of film music.