Sequencing lighting cues in DP

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Schweats
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Sequencing lighting cues in DP

Post by Schweats »

Does anyone have any experience in running this app within or in tandem in DP ? https://www.synthe-fx.com/products/luminair

In a live performance, I'd like to run sequenced material with lighting fade in/outs and other types of lighting cues/events. My rig : DP 7.24 - MOTU 828mkIII - MacPro desktop 2.8ghz quad core - OS 10.10.5 … How is this handled in DP ? Many TIA…
Schweats
MacPro 2.8/OS 10.10.1/6g ram/Powerbook G4/1g ram/10.4.11/828 mk3 hybrid/MTP AV usb/DP 7.23/Stylus RMX/Omnisphere/Trilian/Mach Five v2/RealGuitar/Korg Oasys/UAD2-Quad card & various plugs/Novation Zero SL mk2 controller/Akai MPK61
terrybritton
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Re: Sequencing lighting cues in DP

Post by terrybritton »

Interesting.

MIDI
  • Works with all Core-MIDI compliant iOS MIDI interfaces and controllers.
    Works with Apple's USB Camera Connection Kit with external powered controllers and interfaces.
    Works with MIDI over Wi-FI (RTP) and Bluetooth LE
Computer: Sweetwater CS400v7 Intel Core i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz | 64Gigs RAM | Windows 11 Pro x64 |
MOTU 828 mk3 hybrid

DAWs & Live: MOTU Digital Performer 11.31 | Cantabile Performer 4
Keyboard Synths: Kawai K5000s, Korg Wavestation
Controllers: NI Komplete Kontrol S-88 Mk3 & S-49 Mk2; Maschine Mk3 & JAM;
Akai MPK249 & 225, Alesis QX49, Behringer BCF2000 & FCB1010
Rack Modules: Ensoniq ESQm, Yamaha TX81Z, Wavestation SR

Tutorials: https://youtube.com/@CreatorsMediaTools
MIDI Life Crisis
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

Sorry to go o/t so soon. Terry, I see you have the WSSR rack. Have you tried the WS VI from Korg? It's awesome. Highly recommended!!!
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
terrybritton
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by terrybritton »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:Sorry to go o/t so soon. Terry, I see you have the WSSR rack. Have you tried the WS VI from Korg? It's awesome. Highly recommended!!!
I bought that last year, and have since purchased the rest of the Korg Legacy collection items. The Wavestation VI itself has pretty much eliminated my need for using the SR except for certain performance banks out of my gigantic collection of patches which do not import correctly. It is an incredibly powerful and rich instrument, and Korg really did it justice!

The quality is matched in the rest of the Legacy collection, I am happy to say!

I hope you noticed the Richard Devine Bank for Wavestation at the very bottom of the Korg user area in Downloads.

Terry
Computer: Sweetwater CS400v7 Intel Core i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz | 64Gigs RAM | Windows 11 Pro x64 |
MOTU 828 mk3 hybrid

DAWs & Live: MOTU Digital Performer 11.31 | Cantabile Performer 4
Keyboard Synths: Kawai K5000s, Korg Wavestation
Controllers: NI Komplete Kontrol S-88 Mk3 & S-49 Mk2; Maschine Mk3 & JAM;
Akai MPK249 & 225, Alesis QX49, Behringer BCF2000 & FCB1010
Rack Modules: Ensoniq ESQm, Yamaha TX81Z, Wavestation SR

Tutorials: https://youtube.com/@CreatorsMediaTools