Save Track Folder as Clipping

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
JSmith1234567
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Save Track Folder as Clipping

Post by JSmith1234567 »

I know this was discussed a few years ago, and the answer was no back then, but has anyone found a way to save a track folder with tracks in it as a clipping?

DP 9.12 will let me save it, and the tracks and folder come back when dragged fro clippings, but the tracks and folder come back separately (i.e. the tracks are not in the folder, just at the same level of the tracks window).
OSX Big Sur (latest). Mac Pro Late 2013 ("trash-can"), 3.5 Ghz 6-Core Intel XeonE5, 64GB RAM. Motu DP 11.03, Vienna Pro Server, Presonus Notion, Osculator, Keyboard Maestro
Robert Randolph
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Save Track Folder as Clipping

Post by Robert Randolph »

JSmith1234567 wrote:I know this was discussed a few years ago, and the answer was no back then, but has anyone found a way to save a track folder with tracks in it as a clipping?

DP 9.12 will let me save it, and the tracks and folder come back when dragged fro clippings, but the tracks and folder come back separately (i.e. the tracks are not in the folder, just at the same level of the tracks window).
Nope. It's a bug. Motu should know about it (it's been reported and the behaviour confirmed by them as erroneous).

I reported it more than a year ago, then again recently.
JSmith1234567
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Re: Save Track Folder as Clipping

Post by JSmith1234567 »

Robert Randolph wrote:
JSmith1234567 wrote:I know this was discussed a few years ago, and the answer was no back then, but has anyone found a way to save a track folder with tracks in it as a clipping?

Nope. It's a bug. Motu should know about it (it's been reported and the behaviour confirmed by them as erroneous).

I reported it more than a year ago, then again recently.
Thanks man!
OSX Big Sur (latest). Mac Pro Late 2013 ("trash-can"), 3.5 Ghz 6-Core Intel XeonE5, 64GB RAM. Motu DP 11.03, Vienna Pro Server, Presonus Notion, Osculator, Keyboard Maestro