UAD v9.0 - Any feedback?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Krakadon
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

UAD v9.0 - Any feedback?

Post by Krakadon »

UAD v9.0 is released with Sierra support and three new plug-ins API 2500 Bus Compressor, Chandler Limited Zener Limiter and A/DA STD-1 Stereo Tapped Delay. Some people complained install hosed their system. What is the feedback on stability? New plug-ins?
Krakadon
Rock, metal, Nashville, TN

* 15" MBP 2.2 GHz Intel i7 (Quad), 16GB RAM, 850 EVO 500GB SSD, 500GB 7200 RPM SATA, AMD Radeon 1GB, OS X 10.11.6
* Apollo Quad FW (FW9.0), UAD-2 Quad FW, UAD-2 Quad TB, M Audio Oxygen 49
* DP 9.12, PT 12, Amadeus Pro, DMG, FabFilter, iZotope, NI, Plugin Alliance, Toontrack, TB, UA, Valhalla, Waves
* Fractal Audio Axe-Fx II FW Q4, EBMM JP BFR7, EBMM StingRay 5, Ovation Legend 1866, Martin D1-R
* UA 4-710d, RNC-1773, Shure SM-57, SM-58, SM7B, Rode NT1-A
waxman

Re: UAD v9.0 - Any feedback?

Post by waxman »

Installed and it's stable... However I can't update to Sierra until BFD3 is working. So I am on the last version of Yosemite. Soon as FXpansion updates BFD3 I'll go to Sierra. This was in the release notes "This software is compatible with macOS 10.12 Sierra; full testing and qualification will arrive in early 2017. For the latest macOS Sierra information, review this KB article."
https://help.uaudio.com/hc/en-us/articl ... ility-Info

Take special care to remove the preference files as this will help remove conflicts from previous installations:

https://help.uaudio.com/hc/en-us/articl ... lo-silver-
waxman
DP9.5, Macbook Pro (2018) Mojave, Slate VMS mic, Everything Bundle, Dual Raven MTI 2, Apollo Twin Quad, UAD Arrow, UAD Satellite Octo Tbolt and all the UAD plugs, NI Komplete 11 Ultimate & Arturia V Collection 6, Maschine Studio MK3 Hardware, NI Komplete Kontrol 61s MK 2, Spectrasonics Ominisphere, Superior Drummer, BFD3, Ozone 7, Altiverb, Sound Toys, Waves, Final Cut X. PT 11.
Gravity Jim

Post by Gravity Jim »

Works fine here under 10.12.1.
Jim Bordner

MacPro 5,1 (3.33Ghz 12-core), 32g RAM, OS X 10.14.6 • MOTU DP 10.11 • Logic Pro X 10.2.5 • Waves Platinum, UAD-2, Slate Digital, Komplete, Omnisphere 2, LASS, CineSamples, Chipsounds, V Collection 5[color]
David Polich

Post by David Polich »

I'm on Yosemite 10.10.5. Running smooth here.
2019 Mac Pro 8-core, 32GB RAM, Mac OS Ventura, MIDI Express 128, Apogee Duet 3, DP 11.2x, Waves, Slate , Izotope, UAD, Amplitube 5, Tonex, Spectrasonics, Native Instruments, Pianoteq, Soniccouture, Arturia, Amplesound, Acustica, Reason Objekt, Plasmonic, Vital, Cherry Audio, Toontrack, BFD, Yamaha Motif XF6, Yamaha Montage M6, Korg Kronos X61, Alesis Ion,Sequential Prophet 6, Sequential OB-6, Hammond XK5, Yamaha Disklavier MK 3 piano.
http://www.davepolich.com
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Do I understand right though that this update isn't really for the UAD-2 series of PCIe cards and Sierra? That people like me that have those will need to wait?
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
waxman

Post by waxman »

James Steele wrote:Do I understand right though that this update isn't really for the UAD-2 series of PCIe cards and Sierra? That people like me that have those will need to wait?
You're good...

Important: Install UAD v9.0.0 before upgrading to macOS Sierra. All earlier versions of UAD software, and UAD v9.0.1 software, are incompatible with macOS Sierra.

macOS Sierra Compatibility Summary
Apollo Thunderbolt (all models) Compatible
Apollo FireWire (1 Unit) Compatible
Apollo 16 FireWire (1 Unit) Compatible
UAD-2 Satellite Thunderbolt Compatible
UAD-2 Satellite FireWire Compatible
UAD-2 PCIe cards Compatible
Apollo FireWire (2 Units) Incompatible
Apollo 16 FireWire (2 Units) Incompatible

UAD v9.0.0 and UAD v9.0.1 are fully tested and compatible with released versions of macOS 10.9 Mavericks, 10.10 Yosemite, and 10.11 El Capitan. Full testing and qualification of macOS Sierra will arrive in early 2017.
waxman
DP9.5, Macbook Pro (2018) Mojave, Slate VMS mic, Everything Bundle, Dual Raven MTI 2, Apollo Twin Quad, UAD Arrow, UAD Satellite Octo Tbolt and all the UAD plugs, NI Komplete 11 Ultimate & Arturia V Collection 6, Maschine Studio MK3 Hardware, NI Komplete Kontrol 61s MK 2, Spectrasonics Ominisphere, Superior Drummer, BFD3, Ozone 7, Altiverb, Sound Toys, Waves, Final Cut X. PT 11.
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

waxman wrote:
James Steele wrote:Do I understand right though that this update isn't really for the UAD-2 series of PCIe cards and Sierra? That people like me that have those will need to wait?
You're good...

Important: Install UAD v9.0.0 before upgrading to macOS Sierra. All earlier versions of UAD software, and UAD v9.0.1 software, are incompatible with macOS Sierra.

UAD v9.0.0 and UAD v9.0.1 are fully tested and compatible with released versions of macOS 10.9 Mavericks, 10.10 Yosemite, and 10.11 El Capitan. Full testing and qualification of macOS Sierra will arrive in early 2017.
Thanks! I can't even tell where you'd GET UAD v.9.0.1? The file I downloaded was "UAD-Mac-v900.zip." I assume that's okay. I need to think about what else might break under Sierra for me, however.

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

I have to add here that I really dislike how every time you run a UAD installer, it adds the UAD Meter & Control Panel to my Login Items list and I have to manually remove it. Ugh.

buzzsmith

Post by buzzsmith »

James Steele wrote:I have to add here that I really dislike how every time you run a UAD installer, it adds the UAD Meter & Control Panel to my Login Items list and I have to manually remove it. Ugh.
I was wondering about that!

I've never done it before. How do you manually remove it?

Thanks...

Buzzy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Early 2009 Mac Pro 4,1>5,1 3.33 GHz Hex Core Intel Xeon OS X 10.8.5 SSD (32 gigs RAM)
DP 9.51 PCI-424e / original 2408, 2408mkII, 24I/O, MTP-AV

Yamaha C7 Conservatory Grand
Hammond B-3 / Leslie 145
Focal Twin6 Be(s)

James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Open System Prefs > Users and there is a list called "Login Items" associated with your user account. Delete UAD Meter & Control Panel from that list.

buzzsmith

Post by buzzsmith »

James Steele wrote:Open System Prefs > Users and there is a list called "Login Items" associated with your user account. Delete UAD Meter & Control Panel from that list.
Thank you!

Early 2009 Mac Pro 4,1>5,1 3.33 GHz Hex Core Intel Xeon OS X 10.8.5 SSD (32 gigs RAM)
DP 9.51 PCI-424e / original 2408, 2408mkII, 24I/O, MTP-AV

Yamaha C7 Conservatory Grand
Hammond B-3 / Leslie 145
Focal Twin6 Be(s)

waxman

Post by waxman »

buzzsmith wrote:
James Steele wrote:Open System Prefs > Users and there is a list called "Login Items" associated with your user account. Delete UAD Meter & Control Panel from that list.
Thank you!

There are a few more files to remove... all the steps are here....
waxman
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

waxman wrote:There are a few more files to remove... all the steps are here....
I may have misunderstood the question. It was not my intention to describe how to do an "uninstall" of the UAD software, but rather just to prevent the UAD Meter & Control Panel app from automatically running at startup.

Krakadon

Post by Krakadon »

What about the new plug-ins?
Krakadon
Rock, metal, Nashville, TN

* 15" MBP 2.2 GHz Intel i7 (Quad), 16GB RAM, 850 EVO 500GB SSD, 500GB 7200 RPM SATA, AMD Radeon 1GB, OS X 10.11.6
* Apollo Quad FW (FW9.0), UAD-2 Quad FW, UAD-2 Quad TB, M Audio Oxygen 49
* DP 9.12, PT 12, Amadeus Pro, DMG, FabFilter, iZotope, NI, Plugin Alliance, Toontrack, TB, UA, Valhalla, Waves
* Fractal Audio Axe-Fx II FW Q4, EBMM JP BFR7, EBMM StingRay 5, Ovation Legend 1866, Martin D1-R
* UA 4-710d, RNC-1773, Shure SM-57, SM-58, SM7B, Rode NT1-A
waxman

Post by waxman »

James Steele wrote:
waxman wrote:
You're good...

Thanks! I can't even tell where you'd GET UAD v.9.0.1? The file I downloaded was "UAD-Mac-v900.zip." I assume that's okay. I need to think about what else might break under Sierra for me, however.

UAD 9.01 is for Windows
waxman