NEW AlphaTrack Installer - WORKS WITH SIP ENABLED!!

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
James Steele
Site Administrator
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by James Steele »

Okay... GOOD NEWS!! There is now a new installer (actually two installers: one for MacOS 10.6-10.8, and one for 10.9 and later) that will install an updated AlphaTrack driver and an updated 64-bit Digital Performer control surface bundle WITHOUT THE NEED TO DISABLE SIP!! This was done by the same developer who initially updated the DP control surface bundle. It took some work so he's charging $35. Please do not share the package with others after downloading, have them purchase their own. If we want to see continued maintenance on this so we can use our AlphaTracks long into the future, we want it to be worth his while.

Once you purchase the updated installers via PayPal, you'll receive an email with a link. I *enabled* SIP before installing and it worked just fine and AlphaTrack was working great after reboot.

Here's the link and some info from the page:

http://www.synclavier.com/AlphaTrackPlugin.html
A collaboration between Frontier Design Group and Synclavier Digital has created an updated version of the AlphaTrack Driver as well as the Control Surface Plug-in for Digital Performer®.

Version 1.4.1 of the AlphaTrack Driver now includes a signed kernel extension for use with Mac OS 10.9 or later. Two installers are provided, one for Mac OS 10-6 through 10-8 and one for Mac OS 10-9 and later. Each installer places all the required AlphaTrack Driver components on your computer and also installs the Digital Performer® Control Surface Plug-in.

Version 1.02 of the AlphaTrack Control Surface Plug-in for Digital Performer® is built for 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Digital Performer®, including Digital Performer® 8 and 9. It requires Mac OS X 10.6.8 ("Snow Leopard") or later.

We also have an updated driver and plug-in for the Frontier Design Group TranzPort wireless DAW control.

This new version of the AlphaTrack Driver and Control Surface Plug-in for Digital Performer® is available for purchase and download from our Paypal On-Line Store for a cost of US $35.00. A download link is provided in your order confirmation email.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
Rick Cornish

Re: NEW AlphaTrack Installer - WORKS WITH SIP ENABLED!!

Post by Rick Cornish »

Fantastic......many thanks, James for making this happen!

[EDITED] Purchased. Downloaded. Installed. Re-enabled SIP. Working.

:headbang:
Last edited by Rick Cornish on Tue Oct 25, 2016 2:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rick Cornish

DP 11 on M2 Mac Studio (64mB mem. + 2tB int. SSD + two 2tB ext. SSDs, and Mac OS Sonoma). VIs from MOTU, Spectrasonics, NI, UVI, 8dio, Soniccouture, East West, Spitfire, Heavyocity, Vir2, and more; plus Waves 14, Brainworx, iZotope, Wavesfactory, Oeksound, Final Mix, JST, SPL, PSP, UVI, Valhalla DSP, and other FX plugs, Roland A-88, Apogee Quartet, iCON Platform Nano, Genelec 1032a and Westlake BBSM4 monitors, Gibson HR Fusion III. rickcornish.net
Killahurts

Post by Killahurts »

Last time I pulled out my Tranzport it didn't work anymore.. I think it sat too long with the batteries inside. I'm going to try it again now that there's a new driver for it, who knows?

Would still be better for me than anything on the iPad.
DP11, 2019 16-Core Mac Pro, Monterey, 64GB RAM. RME HDSPe MADI FX to SSL Alphalink to SSL Matrix console, and multiple digital sub consoles. UAD Quad PCIe. Outboard stuff.
Babz
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by Babz »

Killahurts wrote:Last time I pulled out my Tranzport it didn't work anymore.. I think it sat too long with the batteries inside. I'm going to try it again now that there's a new driver for it, who knows?

Would still be better for me than anything on the iPad.
Take a pencil eraser and rub it on the battery contacts. That should bring your Tranzport battery power back.

(If there is white stuff, clean that off with isopropyl alcohol and a q-tip first, then do the eraser trick.)

Best,
Babz
Killahurts

Post by Killahurts »

Babz you're the best!

The pencil eraser trick worked! I had already cleaned the leakage off with alcohol some months ago, and the contacts appeared to be clean, but it still didn't power up. I just now rubbed the contacts (including the spring ends) with the eraser and voila! I really appreciate the tip. Now I'm going to see if I can get it to work!
DP11, 2019 16-Core Mac Pro, Monterey, 64GB RAM. RME HDSPe MADI FX to SSL Alphalink to SSL Matrix console, and multiple digital sub consoles. UAD Quad PCIe. Outboard stuff.
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

In my initial post about the new installers I said I "disabled SIP" before installing. I meant I "ENABLED SIP" before installing. I edited my post. One of the main features of the new installer (besides that it actually runs on newer MacOS versions) is that SIP does not need to be disabled! :)

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.5 Public Beta, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

BTW, I scored a nearly mint AlphaTrack on eBay with the original box, etc. for $75! I have one, but these are no longer made and I couldn't resist getting a backup.

Robert Randolph

Post by Robert Randolph »

So this works with the tranzport too? Has anyone tested it?
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Robert Randolph wrote:So this works with the tranzport too? Has anyone tested it?
There is a link to a different page to the updated TranzPort installer. If you go to the AlphaTrack page there is referred link. (It's also in the text I quoted.)

And yes, the TranzPort drivers work too. One user (in a different thread) reported that TranzPort is working with Sierra!

Martini Hill

Post by Martini Hill »

Yes, Tranzport now works in my El Cap with the new driver.

Sent from my XT1030 using Tapatalk
|l| OS X 10.8.5 ML |l| 2.8 GHz MacBook Pro-8GB RAM |l| DP 9.02 |l| VE Pro 5 |l|Motu MTP AV-#2 MIDI Express USB-#2 2408 Mk II |l| #2 Mackie 400f's |l| Peak Pro 7 |l| Waves 9.x |l| CLA Classic Compressors |l| MPX Master Tape |l| Vocal Rider |l| iZotope Stutter Edit |l| Omnisphere 2 |l| Mach5 2 |l| Sample Tank 2 |l| Sonik Synth 2 |l| Stylus RMX |l| VirHarmonic |l| Albion I |l| VE Pro 5 |l| Superior Drummer 2 |l| EZ Drummer |l| Drumcore 2.5 |l| Garritan Personal Orchestra |l| Many hardware synths.
primeevolutionary

Post by primeevolutionary »

Both my Transport and AlphaTrack seem to be working okay on DP 9.12 and OS X 10.11.6.

What were the issues?

Also, what's SIP? I may have disabled something last time we went through the Synclavier update, but, that was a little while ago.
Macmini9,1 (M1, 2020) 16 GB RAM
MacBookPro15,1 2.6 GHz 6-Core (Intel, 2018) 16 GB RAM
OS X 14.3.1
DP11.3
2 896 mk3 192 kHz Hybrid FW • USB2
Stage-B16
2 828 mk1s
MTPAV USB
vaikl

Post by vaikl »

Had just found this wonderful thread, reanimated my little Tranzport (gathering dust in the corner) and tried the new driver - bingo, works like a charm in native mode with Live, with Cubase Mackie Control and in iTunes - all under macOS Sierra (10.12.1) on a MacMini (late 2012)!!!

Thanks folks!
James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

vaikl wrote:Had just found this wonderful thread, reanimated my little Tranzport (gathering dust in the corner) and tried the new driver - bingo, works like a charm in native mode with Live, with Cubase Mackie Control and in iTunes - all under macOS Sierra (10.12.1) on a MacMini (late 2012)!!!

Thanks folks!
You're welcome. Please spread the word about the AlphaTrack and TranzPort drivers as well as this site. Thanks! :)

James Steele
Site Administrator

Post by James Steele »

Just need to post an update for anyone who might be experiencing AlphaTrack becoming unresponsive with the latest installer from New England Digital. What was happening for me was during a project, if I'd click a new track, AlphaTrack wouldn't update the track name and it would seem to cease functioning unless I unpugged and re-plugged the USB cable connected to it. This seemed to kick in if the AlphaTrack "sat" for a while and wasn't used.

That got me to thinking... and I may have solved it... seems to be working so far.

Here's what to do:
  • Go to ~/Library/Application Support/AlphaTrack Assistants/
  • You'll see two files called "AlphaTrack Launcher" and "AlphaTrack Menu"
  • Do "Get Info" on those files and check "Prevent App Nap".
That seems to have solved it for me. Hope this helps someone. :)

2020digging

Post by 2020digging »

James Steele wrote:Okay... GOOD NEWS!! There is now a new installer (actually two installers: one for MacOS 10.6-10.8, and one for 10.9 and later) that will install an updated AlphaTrack driver and an updated 64-bit Digital Performer control surface bundle WITHOUT THE NEED TO DISABLE SIP!! ....
Will this installer work with any DAW? I.e. I own an Alphatrack and have El Capitan and would like to use it but have not been able to with this OSX. Will the paid for installer correct this? I use Logic and Live
Thanks in advance