Free Pluginin from Cakewalk

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
James Steele
Site Administrator
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Free Pluginin from Cakewalk

Post by James Steele »

Good gosh. I was tired during my previous post! English really IS my first language! Sigh. Too tired to fix it now.
JamesSteeleProject.com | Facebook | Instagram | Twitter

Mac Studio M1 Max, 64GB/2TB, MacOS 14.4.1 Sonoma, DP 11.31, MOTU 828es, MOTU 24Ai, MOTU MIDI Express XT, UAD-2 TB3 Satellite OCTO, Console 1 Mk2, Avid S3, NI Komplete Kontrol S88 Mk2, Red Type B, Millennia HV-3C, Warm Audio WA-2A, AudioScape 76F, Dean guitars, Marshall amps, etc., etc.!
terrybritton
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Re: Free Pluginin from Cakewalk

Post by terrybritton »

James Steele wrote:Oddly enough, if I disable the newly installed plug (like CA-2A), taking it completely out of the Components folder, and then reboot and load a DP project, I can often then quit DP, put the problem plug in back in the Components folder, relaunch DP and everything seems fine.
We must speak the same brand of English, as that read fine to me! :-)

I must give this a try with my copy of PSP MasterQ2, which works on all other DAWs but DP. DP scanned it and decided it "has serious problems and will not be loaded."

So, disable, take out of VST folder, reboot, load DP project, quit DP, put plugin back into VST folder, relaunch DP, and morning sunflowers with fresh coffee. I hope so!

Glad you have CA-2A working, mhschmieder. Thanks for the play-by-play and spec info - all of that is actually very helpful for people returning to this post. Yes, the CCC is quite a slow thing, and it mishandles modal windows on both platforms. Maddening.

Terry
Computer: Sweetwater CS400v7 Intel Core i7-10700K CPU @ 3.80GHz | 64Gigs RAM | Windows 11 Pro x64 |
MOTU 828 mk3 hybrid

DAWs & Live: MOTU Digital Performer 11.31 | Cantabile Performer 4
Keyboard Synths: Kawai K5000s, Korg Wavestation
Controllers: NI Komplete Kontrol S-88 Mk3 & S-49 Mk2; Maschine Mk3 & JAM;
Akai MPK249 & 225, Alesis QX49, Behringer BCF2000 & FCB1010
Rack Modules: Ensoniq ESQm, Yamaha TX81Z, Wavestation SR

Tutorials: https://youtube.com/@CreatorsMediaTools