Recording 32 tracks via ADAT

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Klaus
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Recording 32 tracks via ADAT

Post by Klaus »

Hi all
hope you are doing fine !
I need to set up a 32 tr backup recording rig via 4 ADAT ports, 2 ADAT ports on each of 2 896mk3h. They will be getting ADAT streams from 2 Behringer S16 stageboxes. ( each has 2 ADAT ports )
No word clock available, just ADAT sync…
and
DP 7.24 on a Mac mini 2.1 and USB attached SSD .
So I can use DP's aggregate device functionality in the driver dialog to interconnect 2 896mk3h, select 1st 896mk3h as master clock, clock DP to 1st ADAT and rec away…,

yes ?

Thanks for letting me know what I eventually forgot…I'm not at the rig right now

Best regards

Klaus
Klaus

Re: Recording 32 tracks via ADAT

Post by Klaus »

Sorry to ask again, dod I miss something ?
Thanks for confirming

and
best regards

Klaus
Klaus wrote:Hi all
hope you are doing fine !
I need to set up a 32 tr backup recording rig via 4 ADAT ports, 2 ADAT ports on each of 2 896mk3h. They will be getting ADAT streams from 2 Behringer S16 stageboxes. ( each has 2 ADAT ports )
No word clock available, just ADAT sync…
and
DP 7.24 on a Mac mini 2.1 and USB attached SSD .
So I can use DP's aggregate device functionality in the driver dialog to interconnect 2 896mk3h, select 1st 896mk3h as master clock, clock DP to 1st ADAT and rec away…,

yes ?

Thanks for letting me know what I eventually forgot…I'm not at the rig right now

Best regards

Klaus
labman
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Post by labman »

Sorry no one has any ideas Klaus. I used a DTP and also an RME box that went adat to AES. But i was doing a slightly different target. Still have them if you need them.
AMPGUI themes - Andy rocks!, 3 macs, MacPro 768GB ram, 16core OS11.7.10, DP11.31, all Waves, all SLATE, PSP, IK multimedia & Audioease plugs, all PAlliance, Softube, tons of NI VI's all air Spitfire, all Audiobro, all Berlin, EW PLAY, LLizard, MachFive3, Kontakt5, Omnisphere, RMX, LASS, all Soundtoys, Lexicon AU's, melodyne and others I know am forgetting, cause I'm old...Also mucho outboard rigs, MTPs, DTP, antelope WC, and 4 control surfaces with Raven.
Klaus

Post by Klaus »

Thanks labman, I have the hardware, just need to know if I'm doing something wrong this way
Best regards

Klaus