Maximum number of track layouts in Metagrid?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
JZilla
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Maximum number of track layouts in Metagrid?

Post by JZilla »

Hey folks, now that we've got track layouts in DP, I'm getting greedy and probably a little overly fancy with Metagrid. Are there a maximum number of track layouts we can use? In my big template I've been using around 20 (broken down by instrument group, stems, subgroups, instrument returns, etc.), having copied the buttons over from the Layouts page, but I want to take it farther. For example with strings I'd like to have a separate view that gives me buttons for instrument sub-group (1st vlns, 2nd vlns, etc.) as well as buttons for viewing by manufacturer (so I could just view all my Spitfire strings, etc.).

This obviously adds up pretty quickly, and on the Layout page in Metagrid there's only 40, and I can't figure out how to add more. If I search for Layout in the App-Specific Commands available in MG I only get "Save Track Layout As..." and "Edit Track Layout" and if I try to go into an existing layout button the app crashes.

I've tried having the buttons in MG send a MIDI CC message on the same channel as one of the other layout buttons but with a different CC value, and that doesn't seem to work.

Any ideas?
2019 MacPro, 10.15.5, 16 core 3.2 GHz, 384 GB RAM
DP 10.11
Kontakt 6.2.2, Spectrasonics, u-he, Arturia, NI Komplete 11, VE Pro
UAD, Waves, Soundtoys, Slate, FabFilter