How to show Measure Number Below&Above staff?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
rockman413
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Post by rockman413 »

I know I can use film cues to have it show above staff and have measure number to show below the staff to achieve this. But can I just show measure number in film cues and not starting time at the measures, to save some more space?
macbook pro 10.10, 2.5G,16G ram,256G SSD
Frodo

Re: How to show Measure Number Below&Above staff?

Post by Frodo »

In the Quickscribe window, sticky arrow menu at the upper right corner, try clicking or unclicking "Show Arranged Score" in that menu. When checked, it will display measure numbers both above and below the staff. When unchecked, it will only show above the staff.

If you uncheck "Show Film Cues" it will show measure numbers below the staff.

It's a little confusing, but-- there is also Options>Measure Numbers. This will only allow you to display measure numbers above or below the staff, but not at the same time.
6,1 MacPro, 96GB RAM, macOS Monterey 12.7, macOS 10.14, DP9.52
rockman413

Post by rockman413 »

"In the Quickscribe window, sticky arrow menu at the upper right corner, try clicking or unclicking "Show Arranged Score" in that menu. When checked, it will display measure numbers both above and below the staff. When unchecked, it will only show above the staff."

--> When checked, it only display measure numbers above OR below (depends on what my measure numbers settings are). How did you get it to appear both above AND below?

"If you uncheck "Show Film Cues" it will show measure numbers below the staff."
uncheck it will only measure numbers above OR below according to my settings at measure numbers in options.
Frodo

Post by Frodo »

rockman413 wrote:
--> When checked, it only display measure numbers above OR below (depends on what my measure numbers settings are). How did you get it to appear both above AND below?
To display above and below, check "Show Film Cues" and "Show Arranged Score".

In the Options dialog choose "Measure Numbers" and select "Below" to display measure numbers below the staff.

I'm still using DP 8.07.
rockman413

Post by rockman413 »

Frodo wrote:
rockman413 wrote:
To display above and below, check "Show Film Cues" and "Show Arranged Score".

In the Options dialog choose "Measure Numbers" and select "Below" to display measure numbers below the staff.

I'm still using DP 8.07.
Thank you , I don't want show film cues as they are taking too much space even I minize it
Frodo

Post by Frodo »

It might be a limitation of QuickScribe. I use Finale and the ability to display two measure numbers on a single measure doesn't appear to be possible.

QuickScribe is good, but its focus is different from that of a fully-featured notation app. Traditional notation protocol doesn't necessitate (in general) having measure numbers above and below a single staff at the same time.

I don't use Sibelius and don't know if that app allows for what you need, but in Finale I *could* create measure numbers automatically below the staff and manually above the staff to the same result. It's a lot of work, but it's possible.

It may be necessary to import your DP SMF or XML into a dedicated notation app and then do your customizations there?
rockman413

Post by rockman413 »

Frodo wrote:It might be a limitation of QuickScribe. I use Finale and the ability to display two measure numbers on a single measure doesn't appear to be possible.

QuickScribe is good, but its focus is different from that of a fully-featured notation app. Traditional notation protocol doesn't necessitate (in general) having measure numbers above and below a single staff at the same time.

I don't use Sibelius and don't know if that app allows for what you need, but in Finale I *could* create measure numbers automatically below the staff and manually above the staff to the same result. It's a lot of work, but it's possible.

It may be necessary to import your DP SMF or XML into a dedicated notation app and then do your customizations there?
Thank you Frodo!
Can we create the number with a square outside it like the ones in full score
Frodo

Post by Frodo »

At the moment, I am not sure. You might want to write to MOTU about this.

A dedicated notation app is likely to offer you that feature. Finale, for example, offers a choice of size and shape of measure enclosures.

You may need a dedicated notation app to do all that you need.