AMPGUI mods in DP 9.12

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
waxman
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

AMPGUI mods in DP 9.12

Post by waxman »

On Andy's page he has instructions for Color Tweaking DP Themes. Do those instructions still work in DP 9.12?

http://ampguimods.net/
waxman
DP9.5, Macbook Pro (2018) Mojave, Slate VMS mic, Everything Bundle, Dual Raven MTI 2, Apollo Twin Quad, UAD Arrow, UAD Satellite Octo Tbolt and all the UAD plugs, NI Komplete 11 Ultimate & Arturia V Collection 6, Maschine Studio MK3 Hardware, NI Komplete Kontrol 61s MK 2, Spectrasonics Ominisphere, Superior Drummer, BFD3, Ozone 7, Altiverb, Sound Toys, Waves, Final Cut X. PT 11.
Guitar Gaz

Re: AMPGUI mods in DP 9.12

Post by Guitar Gaz »

waxman wrote:On Andy's page he has instructions for Color Tweaking DP Themes. Do those instructions still work in DP 9.12?

Yes - pretty much - the Themes are fairly similar from earlier versions of DP. Easiest to duplicate an existing Theme and amend that.
Gary Shepherd
iMac 27" 3.3 GHz Intel Core i5, 32 GB Ram, Monterey 12.7.4, 64 bit, Digital Performer 11.2, Studio One 6.5 Professional, Reason 11, Melodyne 5 Editor, Korg Legacy Wavestation and M1, Arturia minimoog V, Helix Native 3.72, Bias FX 2 Elite, Superior Drummer 3, EZkeys, EZbass, Nektar Panorama T4, Motu M4, Faderport 2018, Gibson Les Paul Standard, James Tyler Variax JTV-59 and other gear.
waxman

Post by waxman »

Guitar Gaz wrote:
waxman wrote:On Andy's page he has instructions for Color Tweaking DP Themes. Do those instructions still work in DP 9.12?

Yes - pretty much - the Themes are fairly similar from earlier versions of DP. Easiest to duplicate an existing Theme and amend that.
Thanks I have been tweaking the Plasma Theme. I would like the counter numbers to be blue instead of green... I can't find the parameter... My eyes are starting to cross looking at the style.xml Anyone know which one is the counter color parameter? Thanks...
waxman
DP9.5, Macbook Pro (2018) Mojave, Slate VMS mic, Everything Bundle, Dual Raven MTI 2, Apollo Twin Quad, UAD Arrow, UAD Satellite Octo Tbolt and all the UAD plugs, NI Komplete 11 Ultimate & Arturia V Collection 6, Maschine Studio MK3 Hardware, NI Komplete Kontrol 61s MK 2, Spectrasonics Ominisphere, Superior Drummer, BFD3, Ozone 7, Altiverb, Sound Toys, Waves, Final Cut X. PT 11.
Guitar Gaz

Post by Guitar Gaz »

waxman wrote: Thanks I have been tweaking the Plasma Theme. I would like the counter numbers to be blue instead of green... I can't find the parameter... My eyes are starting to cross looking at the style.xml Anyone know which one is the counter color parameter? Thanks...
You need a graphics or painting app like Preview to open the png files in the Resources folder - then you have to change their colour. The @2x is of course for the Retina 5K image. The files are as below:

kLargeCounterDigitSet_PictID.png
kLargeCounterDigitSet_PictID@2x.png
Gary Shepherd
iMac 27" 3.3 GHz Intel Core i5, 32 GB Ram, Monterey 12.7.4, 64 bit, Digital Performer 11.2, Studio One 6.5 Professional, Reason 11, Melodyne 5 Editor, Korg Legacy Wavestation and M1, Arturia minimoog V, Helix Native 3.72, Bias FX 2 Elite, Superior Drummer 3, EZkeys, EZbass, Nektar Panorama T4, Motu M4, Faderport 2018, Gibson Les Paul Standard, James Tyler Variax JTV-59 and other gear.
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

I've been out of town, out of touch, and barely able to visit the forum.
This morning I opened DP 9.12 for the first time, even though I installed it when it was first released. I don't know if anyone has said this yet, but Andy's themes can be made to work with it by changing the maximum version number.
  • Open Themes Folder
  • Select Theme
  • Control-Click the theme and choose "Open Bundle."
  • Open "Contents"
  • Open Info.plist in TextEdit
  • Go to the last line. It probably says:

Code: Select all

<string>8.9</string>
    (the number may be different)
  • Change to:

Code: Select all

<string>9.9</string>
  • Save info.plist
  • Close.
Repeat for each theme you need to update.

I haven't tested for all windows, but it seems to be working for the ones that I use 99% of the time.

Andy, if there are any major changes to be made to be completely compatible with DP 9.12, I'll gladly pay you full price for all my collection again. If a few others will make a similar promise, maybe we can make it worth your while to tackle it. I don't care if it's a free update for the general public, I'm always willing to do what I can to help you make the time to do this. We need a core "Andy's Group" who will promise to do this when needed, who are not financially challenged and can afford to make this happen for Andy, DP, and our fellow users.

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
waxman

Post by waxman »

Shooshie wrote: Andy, if there are any major changes to be made to be completely compatible with DP 9.12, I'll gladly pay you full price for all my collection again. If a few others will make a similar promise, maybe we can make it worth your while to tackle it. I don't care if it's a free update for the general public, I'm always willing to do what I can to help you make the time to do this. We need a core "Andy's Group" .
Shooshie
Shoohie I'M IN... and thanks Gaz... With your help I got the Counter in Consolidated changed to Blue in Plasma theme. Now I need to change the floating Counter
waxman
waxman

Post by waxman »

Guitar Gaz wrote:
waxman wrote: Thanks I have been tweaking the Plasma Theme. I would like the counter numbers to be blue instead of green... I can't find the parameter... My eyes are starting to cross looking at the style.xml Anyone know which one is the counter color parameter? Thanks...
You need a graphics or painting app like Preview to open the png files in the Resources folder - then you have to change their colour. The @2x is of course for the Retina 5K image. The files are as below:

kLargeCounterDigitSet_PictID.png
kLargeCounterDigitSet_PictID@2x.png
Thanks Gaz... that worked great... I'm looking for the floating counter now. That is still Green. Do you know which file that would be? Just found it in the Style Sheet... THANKS AGAIN GAZ
waxman
amplidood

Post by amplidood »

Hey guys. This has been in the back of my mind for a while now. I really need to dive in and make everything right again. I'll have to have a separate install of 9.12 running because I do not trust it for actual work yet. On vacation now, but will dive in when I get back. The big problem I see now is that I have to develop all new sets of graphics to deal with the Retina level graphics. It looks fine most of the time with the old graphics doubled up, but when you develop new higher res versions, the difference pretty great. I'd have to start from scratch on a lot of these.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
waxman

Post by waxman »

amplidood wrote:Hey guys. This has been in the back of my mind for a while now. I really need to dive in and make everything right again. I'll have to have a separate install of 9.12 running because I do not trust it for actual work yet. On vacation now, but will dive in when I get back. The big problem I see now is that I have to develop all new sets of graphics to deal with the Retina level graphics. It looks fine most of the time with the old graphics doubled up, but when you develop new higher res versions, the difference pretty great. I'd have to start from scratch on a lot of these.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Please PM Shooshie and myself on how much you are going to have into this and let us try to raise the $$$ before you start...
waxman
dinobass

Post by dinobass »

I'll contribute to the crowd funding!
Mac Studio M2 Ultra 128G RAM OSX 14.3, 16" MacBook Pro M1 Max, UA Apollo x6, UA Apollo Twin, UAD-2 Satellite (x2)
kwiz

Post by kwiz »

I'm in to donate as well!
Great family and friends!

Mac Studio M2 Max, MacPro 8 core (trashcan), MacBook Pro 16 in 2023, OSX Ventura, DP 11, Pro Tools, Logic Pro X, Motu 112D, 24Ao, 8M, 896 MKIII, UA Apollo 16, Waves Horizon, Slate Everything Bundle, Plugin Alliance Bundle, UAD-2 Satellite DSP Accelerator, UAD Apollo Twin.
Native Instruments Komplete 14 Ultimate, Console 1 MKIII w/C1 Fader

"Without struggle, there is no progress"

F. Douglas
waxman

Post by waxman »

Changing the Themes is pretty cool. Gaz mentioned using a program to change the color. I found it easier to copy a piece from a different Theme and insert it in the new one to change. I made a Theme called Plasma Blue by copying the blue numbers from another Theme. I like having a blue counter. The meters option I changed to blue. It looks like Bias Peak blue theme.

My son want's me to put our dogs face on the start button. That could be trouble.
waxman
corbo-billy

Post by corbo-billy »

waxman wrote:I'm looking for the floating counter now. That is still Green. Do you know which file that would be?
For the floating counter, see at the kControlPanelDisplayWell.png _
Imac M1 24" under Monterey 12.7 & Kontakt 7.6. _ Fireface800 X 2 _ FilterBank2 Sherman & Gibson Explorer Pro _ MIDI Express XT _ Virus C Desktop _ Adrenalinn III & Voyager Moog _ SpeakerPhone 2 _ PolyEvolver Keyboard _ Tempest _ D.P. 11.22 _
corbo-billy

Post by corbo-billy »

waxman wrote:I'm looking for the floating counter now. That is still Green. Do you know which file that would be?
For the floating counter, see at the kControlPanelDisplayWell.png _
Imac M1 24" under Monterey 12.7 & Kontakt 7.6. _ Fireface800 X 2 _ FilterBank2 Sherman & Gibson Explorer Pro _ MIDI Express XT _ Virus C Desktop _ Adrenalinn III & Voyager Moog _ SpeakerPhone 2 _ PolyEvolver Keyboard _ Tempest _ D.P. 11.22 _
waxman

Post by waxman »

Is it possible to size up the font a bit on the TOW and SE bar numbers? Thankfully I can see them ok but sometime a 5 and 8 are hard to tell the difference. When I am going from large graphic editing of soundbites or MIDI blobs on SE window to the measure numbers it takes a second.
waxman