Question about Stage 16B

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
bleach30
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Question about Stage 16B

Post by bleach30 »

Not sure if this is the place for this but I'm new to all this AVB stuff so I have question...

This pertains to a recording studio setup...

I'm looking at using the Stage 16B in the live room as a snake and in the control room I would like to get the 16A and connect these two via ethernet.

The 16A would then serve as the patchbay as well as be the only interface going into the computer via thunderbolt.

Is this possible?

When looking at the Quick Setup for the 16A on MOTU's site..in seems that when in Audio Interface mode the networking features are disabled. Does this mean that my above example would not work?
If anyone has some insight that would be great! Just a bit confused.

Thanks
waxman

Re: Question about Stage 16B

Post by waxman »

bleach30 wrote:Not sure if this is the place for this but I'm new to all this AVB stuff so I have question...

This pertains to a recording studio setup...

I'm looking at using the Stage 16B in the live room as a snake and in the control room I would like to get the 16A and connect these two via ethernet.

The 16A would then serve as the patchbay as well as be the only interface going into the computer via thunderbolt.

Is this possible?

When looking at the Quick Setup for the 16A on MOTU's site..in seems that when in Audio Interface mode the networking features are disabled. Does this mean that my above example would not work?
If anyone has some insight that would be great! Just a bit confused.

Thanks
Gotta call MOTU Tech support...
waxman
DP9.5, Macbook Pro (2018) Mojave, Slate VMS mic, Everything Bundle, Dual Raven MTI 2, Apollo Twin Quad, UAD Arrow, UAD Satellite Octo Tbolt and all the UAD plugs, NI Komplete 11 Ultimate & Arturia V Collection 6, Maschine Studio MK3 Hardware, NI Komplete Kontrol 61s MK 2, Spectrasonics Ominisphere, Superior Drummer, BFD3, Ozone 7, Altiverb, Sound Toys, Waves, Final Cut X. PT 11.
bleach30

Re: Question about Stage 16B

Post by bleach30 »

if anyone else is wondering ..

the answer is yes. These will work in the way I want them to.