Importing Recording from Waves Tracks Live into DP

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Rick Cornish
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Importing Recording from Waves Tracks Live into DP

Post by Rick Cornish »

Hi.......
I'll be mixing a project in DP9 that was recorded in Tracks Live. I've never worked with Tracks Live—what will I get from that app? What should I ask for, in order to get it into DP?
Rick Cornish

DP 11 on M2 Mac Studio (64mB mem. + 2tB int. SSD + two 2tB ext. SSDs, and Mac OS Sonoma). VIs from MOTU, Spectrasonics, NI, UVI, 8dio, Soniccouture, East West, Spitfire, Heavyocity, Vir2, and more; plus Waves 14, Brainworx, iZotope, Wavesfactory, Oeksound, Final Mix, JST, SPL, PSP, UVI, Valhalla DSP, and other FX plugs, Roland A-88, Apogee Quartet, iCON Platform Nano, Genelec 1032a and Westlake BBSM4 monitors, Gibson HR Fusion III. rickcornish.net
Robert Randolph

Re: Importing Recording from Waves Tracks Live into DP

Post by Robert Randolph »

Rick Cornish wrote:Hi.......
I'll be mixing a project in DP9 that was recorded in Tracks Live. I've never worked with Tracks Live—what will I get from that app? What should I ask for, in order to get it into DP?
Request BFW if you can, which the latest Live supports. That will bring along some meta-data (such as starting position) that may be useful.

Otherwise you'll just get normal wave files, which you can drag&drop or import directly to DP as usual.
Rick Cornish

Post by Rick Cornish »

Robert Randolph wrote:Request BFW if you can, which the latest Live supports. That will bring along some meta-data (such as starting position) that may be useful.

Otherwise you'll just get normal wave files, which you can drag&drop or import directly to DP as usual.
Thanks, Robert. What is "BFW?"

[edited] N/M, Robert. BWF = "Broadcast Wave Format", which sounds like a basic WAV file with a few extension chunks.
Rick Cornish

DP 11 on M2 Mac Studio (64mB mem. + 2tB int. SSD + two 2tB ext. SSDs, and Mac OS Sonoma). VIs from MOTU, Spectrasonics, NI, UVI, 8dio, Soniccouture, East West, Spitfire, Heavyocity, Vir2, and more; plus Waves 14, Brainworx, iZotope, Wavesfactory, Oeksound, Final Mix, JST, SPL, PSP, UVI, Valhalla DSP, and other FX plugs, Roland A-88, Apogee Quartet, iCON Platform Nano, Genelec 1032a and Westlake BBSM4 monitors, Gibson HR Fusion III. rickcornish.net
Robert Randolph

Post by Robert Randolph »

Yeah, I mistyped. BWF is what I meant, sorry.

(I just typed BFW like 10 times in a row trying to write BWF above... :banghead: )