Fastest way to "clean" MIDI tracks?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
massimosammi
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Fastest way to "clean" MIDI tracks?

Post by massimosammi »

Hello there,

I imported some MIDI, and there are a bunch of controllers and patches I'd like to take out, leaving only notes on all the MIDI tracks.

It's not that I don't want to see them using the view filter, I'd like to take them away, so they won't affect the performance.

I was wondering if there's a fast way to do it in the event list. Is there a way I can filter what I see there, in order to delete/keep it, rather than going event by event? Or any other way that is generally used to clean the tracks.

Thanks!
buzzsmith

Re: Fastest way to "clean" MIDI tracks?

Post by buzzsmith »

Yes. Set the view filter and then delete away! Only the visible items will be deleted. Then reset the view filter to show the notes and you should be good.

Buzzy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Early 2009 Mac Pro 4,1>5,1 3.33 GHz Hex Core Intel Xeon OS X 10.8.5 SSD (32 gigs RAM)
DP 9.51 PCI-424e / original 2408, 2408mkII, 24I/O, MTP-AV

Yamaha C7 Conservatory Grand
Hammond B-3 / Leslie 145
Focal Twin6 Be(s)

massimosammi

Post by massimosammi »

Wonderful, thanks!!
MIDI Life Crisis

Post by MIDI Life Crisis »

Or do a search and select all data except notes. Hit delete. You can do all the tracks in a chunk at once that way.
2013 Mac Pro 32GB RAM

OSX 10.14.6; DP 10; Track 16; Finale 26, iPad Pro, et al

MIDI LIFE CRISIS
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

MIDI Life Crisis wrote:Or do a search and select all data except notes. Hit delete. You can do all the tracks in a chunk at once that way.
I love it when people use the Search feature. It's so amazing, and yet so few ever mention it!

Shooshie
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|