Sync points

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
swpowe
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Sync points

Post by swpowe »

Is it possible to move an audio file to a specific time using it's sync point? What I'm trying to do is say add a sync point to a specific point in an audio file (say the middle of a 1 min clip) and I'd like to find say a down beat and try and align that with beat 1 of bar 1. Is this possible? Or is there a better way?
bayswater
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Sync points

Post by bayswater »

You can move the sync point (p 359), but I don't think you can add one. When quantize the soundbite it will use the sync point as the time in the soundbite that aligns with a point on the timeline. So if you move the sync point, then get the soundbite positioned close to the time point you want it and quantize the soundbite, you should get what you want.
2018 Mini i7 32G 10.14.6, DP 11.3, Mixbus 9, Logic 10.5, Scarlett 18i8