Orchestral Tools Berlin Brass- wow!

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
dcoscina
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Orchestral Tools Berlin Brass- wow!

Post by dcoscina »

I own a few Orchestral Tools' libraries and this one looks like a monster. My background is trombone and a lot of VIs libraries always seem to treat them with the lowest priority... This one looks pretty solid. Great sound on the teaser. The walkthough by Sascha is also quite eye (and ear) opening.

Pricing is fine if you live anywhere but Canada (our dollar is atrocious so 599 Euros is like $900!) but it's a 150gb compressed! Something like 320gb uncompressed. Yikes!

Take a listen. I like their Metropolis Ark and Sphere quite a bit. Even have their Berlin Brass Exp C which is horns and has autodivisi built in. Sweet.

http://www.orchestraltools.com/librarie ... _brass.php
Mac Pro 2.66 ghz w. 15 gb RAM, DP 7.24, Kurzweil PC3x, MOTU 2408Mk3, Symphobia 1&2, LASS, VSL VI/VE Pro,MOTU Mach5.3, SI & Ethno 1, Omnisphere, Trilian, CineBrass, Albion, tons more...