Sierra and Peak Pro 7

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
apanacci
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Sierra and Peak Pro 7

Post by apanacci »

Just downloaded Sierra to check it out with DP8 and I tried Peak Pro 7 and it looks good. Anyone else care to try !
2009 8 Core 5.1, 2012 6 Core MacPro,s , (32 gigs Ram) Mojave 14.6, Radeon 570, MacBookPros 2011, 2017 , 828MKIII Hybrid, 828X, MicroBook II, 8Pre, Nuendo 8ch A/D converter, PreSonus DigiMax LT ,DP11 , PT 2022.12, Cubase Elements 10.5, Peak 7, Logic 9 ,WaveLab 11, Reason 10, DSP-Quattro 5 ,many plugins , mics and synths. http://www.panaccimusic.com
waxman

Re: Sierra and Peak Pro 7

Post by waxman »

I own Peak Pro 7 and would love to use it again... I'll have to install it on my laptop and see how it works...
waxman
DP9.5, Macbook Pro (2018) Mojave, Slate VMS mic, Everything Bundle, Dual Raven MTI 2, Apollo Twin Quad, UAD Arrow, UAD Satellite Octo Tbolt and all the UAD plugs, NI Komplete 11 Ultimate & Arturia V Collection 6, Maschine Studio MK3 Hardware, NI Komplete Kontrol 61s MK 2, Spectrasonics Ominisphere, Superior Drummer, BFD3, Ozone 7, Altiverb, Sound Toys, Waves, Final Cut X. PT 11.
Guitar Gaz

Post by Guitar Gaz »

I have been reporting constantly on Peak Pro 7 ever since it's "demise" many years ago - it has worked with every major of iteration of OSX since then and under El Capitan better than previously it did with Mavericks. So I have been letting people know this deliberately since all the gnashing of teeth when it's "demise" was commented on in this forum. It still works and is still the best audio editor in my opinion - better than Quattro which I bought to replace Peak Pro 7 thinking it would no longer work. Something must be good about the original code that make it still work well under numerous OSX updates.
Gary Shepherd
iMac 27" 3.3 GHz Intel Core i5, 32 GB Ram, Monterey 12.7.4, 64 bit, Digital Performer 11.3, Studio One 6.6 Professional, Reason 11, Melodyne 5 Editor, Korg Legacy Wavestation and M1, Arturia minimoog V, Helix Native 3.72, Bias FX 2 Elite, Superior Drummer 3, EZkeys, EZbass, Nektar Panorama T4, Motu M4, Faderport 2018, Gibson Les Paul Standard, James Tyler Variax JTV-59 and other gear.
waxman

Post by waxman »

Guitar Gaz wrote:I have been reporting constantly on Peak Pro 7 ever since it's "demise" many years ago - it has worked with every major of iteration of OSX since then and under El Capitan better than previously it did with Mavericks. So I have been letting people know this deliberately since all the gnashing of teeth when it's "demise" was commented on in this forum. It still works and is still the best audio editor in my opinion - better than Quattro which I bought to replace Peak Pro 7 thinking it would no longer work. Something must be good about the original code that make it still work well under numerous OSX updates.
Thanks Gaz I found my emails from Bias and will be installing today... This is WONDERFUL NEWS.
waxman
DP9.5, Macbook Pro (2018) Mojave, Slate VMS mic, Everything Bundle, Dual Raven MTI 2, Apollo Twin Quad, UAD Arrow, UAD Satellite Octo Tbolt and all the UAD plugs, NI Komplete 11 Ultimate & Arturia V Collection 6, Maschine Studio MK3 Hardware, NI Komplete Kontrol 61s MK 2, Spectrasonics Ominisphere, Superior Drummer, BFD3, Ozone 7, Altiverb, Sound Toys, Waves, Final Cut X. PT 11.
greg328

Post by greg328 »

I changed from a mac pro 3.1 to a 5.1 last week; I simply moved all my drives over, including the system drive. I had to jump through several hoops to get everything authorized again to the new computer, but 1 problem remains and it's a big one! Peak 7 stopped working. I tried to de-authorize and de-authorize but it's not letting me! I'm getting a screen prompt saying no more authorizations available. Makes no sense if I'm removing one to de-authorize next.

Maybe the solution is to put the system drive back into my 3.1, de-authorize on that computer and then swap back to the 5.1 and re-authorize. ??

Anybody have any experience with this situation?

Greg

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk
Mac Studio Ultra, 64 GIG RAM, Apollo Quad, OS 13.4.1 Ventura
DP 11.22, Yamaha Motif XS8, Novation MoroderNova, UAD Apollo and FX plugs, Lots of PLAY/OPUS libraries, Ivory 2, lots of Arturia titles, all 4 Spectrasonics titles, NI Komplete 13, BFD2-3, Addictive Drums 2, MachFive 3, Pianoteq 6, lots of UVI Workstation titles, All 5 MusicLab guitars-RealGuitar, RealStrat, RealLesPaulCustom, RealRickenbacker and RealEight.
jolipoli

Post by jolipoli »

Thanks for the Sierra news about Peak Pro 7 use, great to hear. I also found El Capitan was a better OS for Peak than previous OS versions.

Regarding the activation stuff, the Peak authorization servers are now run by Soundness. There is info about authorizations at https://soundsoap.uservoice.com/knowled ... s-products

There are also links to the most up-to-date installers for Bias products in that support area.

Ciao. Joel.
waxman

Post by waxman »

They sent me new Auths from Soundness...

So Peak 7 is working fine for the most part. There is some Soundtoys auth that comes up every time I open. I would like to ditch that. I have Peak 7 XT so the Master Perfection Suite 1.0 works but when I tried to upgrade to the latest version 1.2.1 it would not install on my MacPro. Slate FG X in AU causes processor overload but it works in VST. However when you close FG X it leaves a blank white shell with just the menu bar. Anything behind it is blocked. The rest of it seems to be good ole Peak.

Thanks again GAZ...
waxman
David Polich

Post by David Polich »

Same issues here as Waxman reported.
Have to run UAD and Slate plugs as VST's
in Peak 7. Cant close Slate FGX window.
Otherwise all good.

I''m on Yosemite and it works on my system.
Yes its still the best Mac-based audio editor
ever. Best sounding, best workflow.
2019 Mac Pro 8-core, 32GB RAM, Mac OS Ventura, MIDI Express 128, Apogee Duet 3, DP 11.2x, Waves, Slate , Izotope, UAD, Amplitube 5, Tonex, Spectrasonics, Native Instruments, Pianoteq, Soniccouture, Arturia, Amplesound, Acustica, Reason Objekt, Plasmonic, Vital, Cherry Audio, Toontrack, BFD, Yamaha Motif XF6, Yamaha Montage M6, Korg Kronos X61, Alesis Ion,Sequential Prophet 6, Sequential OB-6, Hammond XK5, Yamaha Disklavier MK 3 piano.
http://www.davepolich.com