CueMix Control

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Rusty Shackleford
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

CueMix Control

Post by Rusty Shackleford »

Greetings Everybody: Is there a way to assign a knob or fader(s) to control the main outs and other sends in CueMix to a hardware controller?

As far as a touch screen, I have not tried TouchOSC yet; has anyone here had any experience with that? Or some other similar app controlling CueMix? Any feedback or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
iMac 20,1 10-core, 3.6Ghz, OS10.15.7, 128GB RAM, DP 10.13, VEP7
Shooshie

Re: CueMix Control

Post by Shooshie »

Rusty Shackleford wrote:Greetings Everybody: Is there a way to assign a knob or fader(s) to control the main outs and other sends in CueMix to a hardware controller?

As far as a touch screen, I have not tried TouchOSC yet; has anyone here had any experience with that? Or some other similar app controlling CueMix? Any feedback or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Not that I know of, but I'm not using the most recent MOTU hardware. Mine is the 896mk3, the 1296, and 2408mkSomethingOrOther. CueMix is not externally controllable with these boxes. [edit: that's not correct! See next 2 posts] I do not know about their new AVB stuff.
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|
Rusty Shackleford

Post by Rusty Shackleford »

Shooshie wrote:
Rusty Shackleford wrote:Greetings Everybody: Is there a way to assign a knob or fader(s) to control the main outs and other sends in CueMix to a hardware controller?

Not that I know of, but I'm not using the most recent MOTU hardware. Mine is the 896mk3, the 1296, and 2408mkSomethingOrOther. CueMix is not externally controllable with these boxes. I do not know about their new AVB stuff.
Thanks for your reply, Shooshie. I have an 828mkIII. I'm trying to avoid an analog mixer between my 828 and monitors yet control at least the main outs externally. If no other option, I think TouchOSC can do this, but I'm curious to hear how well it works. I'm surprised there aren't more users of it here.
iMac 20,1 10-core, 3.6Ghz, OS10.15.7, 128GB RAM, DP 10.13, VEP7
Shooshie

Post by Shooshie »

I just checked the manual, and CueMix IS enabled to follow Mackie Control, Mackie HUI, and Mackie Baby HUI. If TouchOSC can emulate HUI or Mackie Control, you should be ok. I really did not realize that it's able to do that. I learned CueMix a long, long time ago, and since have only studied the manual for particular needs when I was learning new versions of it. I wish you luck with it, and I may try some of that myself if it works for you. I get frustrated with CueMix at times, for it seems not to do certain things properly its latest iteration. I have no trouble with it on my older boxes, just the 828mk3.

Shoosh
|l| OS X 10.12.6 |l| DP 10.0 |l| 2.4 GHz 12-Core MacPro Mid-2012 |l| 40GB RAM |l| Mach5.3 |l| Waves 9.x |l| Altiverb |l| Ivory 2 New York Steinway |l| Wallander WIVI 2.30 Winds, Brass, Saxes |l| Garritan Aria |l| VSL 5.3.1 and VSL Pro 2.3.1 |l| Yamaha WX-5 MIDI Wind Controller |l| Roland FC-300 |l|