Phantom audio file playing...HELP!!

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
greg328
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Phantom audio file playing...HELP!!

Post by greg328 »

Hello everybody,
Did a search, haven't seen this one yet. My current DP 9.12 session is playing an audio file that was created in a DIFFERENT SESSION yesterday! It's not in the soundbite window. I can turn off all tracks in the current session and yet the same phantom audio is playing. I did a "save as" and copied all the audio to a new session with a slightly different name, and the new session does the same thing!

Of course, it only plays when the play button is depressed, and the sequence is in play mode.

It's a pain because it's tying up a pair of outputs that I need on my HD192.

Certainly I'm missing something obvious. Would welcome any suggestions from the peanut gallery! :-)

Greg
Austin, TX
Mac Studio Ultra, 64 GIG RAM, Apollo Quad, OS 13.4.1 Ventura
DP 11.22, Yamaha Motif XS8, Novation MoroderNova, UAD Apollo and FX plugs, Lots of PLAY/OPUS libraries, Ivory 2, lots of Arturia titles, all 4 Spectrasonics titles, NI Komplete 13, BFD2-3, Addictive Drums 2, MachFive 3, Pianoteq 6, lots of UVI Workstation titles, All 5 MusicLab guitars-RealGuitar, RealStrat, RealLesPaulCustom, RealRickenbacker and RealEight.
Phil O

Re: Phantom audio file playing...HELP!!

Post by Phil O »

Have you checked the Audio Monitor window? Perhaps the take file location got messed up. I'm just taking a stab here.

Phil
DP 11.23, 2020 M1 Mac Mini [9,1] (16 Gig RAM), Mac Pro 3GHz 8 core [6,1] (16 Gig RAM), OS 14.3.1/11.6.2, Lynx Aurora (n) 8tb, MOTU 8pre-es, MOTU M6, MOTU 828, Apogee Rosetta 800, UAD-2 Satellite, a truckload of outboard gear and plug-ins, and a partridge in a pear tree.
greg328

Post by greg328 »

The file playing in error is nowhere to be seen, in the current session. Not in the soundbite window, not in the audio monitor window, no track present showing it active. Its just playing from the top every time I start playback. And it's synced to the counter so it follows the transport. Total mystery.

Sent from my LG-H901 using Tapatalk
DP 11.22, Yamaha Motif XS8, Novation MoroderNova, UAD Apollo and FX plugs, Lots of PLAY/OPUS libraries, Ivory 2, lots of Arturia titles, all 4 Spectrasonics titles, NI Komplete 13, BFD2-3, Addictive Drums 2, MachFive 3, Pianoteq 6, lots of UVI Workstation titles, All 5 MusicLab guitars-RealGuitar, RealStrat, RealLesPaulCustom, RealRickenbacker and RealEight.
David Polich

Post by David Polich »

Check to see if you have opened a movie window and the audio from the movie is playing.

I've had this same thing happen before and that's what it was. I inadvertently hit a key command that opened a movie, but the movie window remained hidden while the audio played.
2019 Mac Pro 8-core, 32GB RAM, Mac OS Ventura, MIDI Express 128, Apogee Duet 3, DP 11.2x, Waves, Slate , Izotope, UAD, Amplitube 5, Tonex, Spectrasonics, Native Instruments, Pianoteq, Soniccouture, Arturia, Amplesound, Acustica, Reason Objekt, Plasmonic, Vital, Cherry Audio, Toontrack, BFD, Yamaha Motif XF6, Yamaha Montage M6, Korg Kronos X61, Alesis Ion,Sequential Prophet 6, Sequential OB-6, Hammond XK5, Yamaha Disklavier MK 3 piano.
http://www.davepolich.com
Tonio

Post by Tonio »

you don't have the Pi plug-in anywhere?
Mac Studio MAX 2TB/ 64GB RAM / DP11.2 / 828ES//
MP 5.1 3.33- 3 duo / OS10.14.6 / RX580 /DP10.13/828ES
greg328

Post by greg328 »

Dave,
You've solved the mystery, thanks so much! Indeed by clearing the movie the phantom file has stopped playing. Strange because I don't recall opening the movie window during this session, but I may have. I especially don't recall assigning a movie or anything to play in said window, but I guess it happened inadvertently.

Tonio,
I've never heard of the Pi plug but it sounds delicious!
:-)

Thanks guys, MotuNation rocks, as usual!
Greg