Reaktor (Blocks) and DP

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
italodisco
Primary DAW OS: Unspecified

Reaktor (Blocks) and DP

Post by italodisco »

Has anyone gotten Reaktor to work as a plug/instrument in DP9.x? It shows up but behaves rather strangely - like, I can't even describe it besides saying it doesn't output predictably. For example, I use Reaktor blocks for my modular synth. I'll calibrate outputs in Reaktor, and then load the saved ensemble in DP, and it's all messed up. It just spits out what seems like garbage - not even wrong pitches, but noise.

I'm also noticing things are really weirdly slow (like Tuner) when I have it open in 64-bit, which is necessary to run Reaktor. DP seems more stable at 32 bit.

Sorry for the vague complaint, but I feel exhausted by trying to figure out what's going wrong. Kind of regretting buying the upgrade so far...the whole pre-Gen thing seems sketchy for others as well, based on my search results.
cuttime
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Reaktor (Blocks) and DP

Post by cuttime »

I only have Reaktor 6 Player and the "Wired" Ensembles. I have the full version of R5. I can demo other Blocks ensembles just fine. I don't have any problems with Reaktor 5 or 6. Could the pitch tuning you mention be a product of sample rate mismatching? I use 64 bit exclusively these days.

Perhaps a better description of your system can help others find a solution.
828x MacOS 13.6.5 M1 Studio Max 1TB 64G DP11.31
crescentoon55

Post by crescentoon55 »

I've been having problems with the flying mushrooms preset in reaktor prism in 5 & 6... it goes crazy with a digital smear after starting up in digital performer 9.12 and then overloads my outputs...nothing else works after that... I have to close DP and open it again.... I sent a movie and info to NI... they are going to try to reproduce the problem.
italodisco

Post by italodisco »

Sorry. One system is MacBookPro 2013, but my primary music system is an ancient 2008 8-Core. Both are running 10.11 (.5 on laptop, perhaps a few updates earlier on 8-Core). I am running ADAT streams to Expert Sleepers ES3 on both, both using RME driver/software mixer.

There is a chance my 8-Core doesn't love 64 bit. But it seems to work fine except for Reaktor. I admit I haven't tested it exhaustively in 64-bit mode.

Reaktor works fine as a standalone (in 64 bit) on both.
Gravity Jim

Post by Gravity Jim »

I've had an ongoing problem with the Reaktor instrument Rounds. Its output is unpredictable. I've gone around and around with NI for a year, and now they've decided to simply ignore me. It's a damn shame, because if it worked, I'd use it all the time. This problem has been going on long before MOTU introduced the new pre-gem scheme.

F*ck Native Intruments. I intend to find a translator program that will let me turn my Kontakt libraries into something I can use in another sampler, and then never spend another dime with them.
Jim Bordner

MacPro 5,1 (3.33Ghz 12-core), 32g RAM, OS X 10.14.6 • MOTU DP 10.11 • Logic Pro X 10.2.5 • Waves Platinum, UAD-2, Slate Digital, Komplete, Omnisphere 2, LASS, CineSamples, Chipsounds, V Collection 5[color]
David Polich

Post by David Polich »

I'm still on 9.02 even though I am anxious
to go to 9.12, there are still too many VI's and
plugs not onboard with PreGen. One of which
is Native Instruments.

I have Reaktor 6 but never use it. I did try
Blocks but the GUI to me is not intuitive.
And some ensembles that work in Reaktor 5
simply dont even appear as available to
Reaktor 6.

Helpful, huh? Sorry..I guess my helpful comment
is to forget about Reaktor 6..nothing in it that isnt
better executed elsewhere.
2019 Mac Pro 8-core, 32GB RAM, Mac OS Ventura, MIDI Express 128, Apogee Duet 3, DP 11.2x, Waves, Slate , Izotope, UAD, Amplitube 5, Tonex, Spectrasonics, Native Instruments, Pianoteq, Soniccouture, Arturia, Amplesound, Acustica, Reason Objekt, Plasmonic, Vital, Cherry Audio, Toontrack, BFD, Yamaha Motif XF6, Yamaha Montage M6, Korg Kronos X61, Alesis Ion,Sequential Prophet 6, Sequential OB-6, Hammond XK5, Yamaha Disklavier MK 3 piano.
http://www.davepolich.com
italodisco

Post by italodisco »

Yeah, not super helpful. As a modular synth user who has explored the other options, I'm interested in Blocks. It is fascinating on its own and I want it to play nice with DP. So keep those helpful comments coming before I switch to Disableton full-time.
mesayre
Primary DAW OS: Windows

Post by mesayre »

Hey all,
I don't know if this will be any help to you, but I found I get much better performance out of Reaktor if I decrease its internal sample rate. I was getting weird pops and dropouts despite not being close to redlining my CPU. Setting Reaktor to match the host's sample rate (48K) seems to have fixed that.
DP 10 - Win 10 - Ultralite AVB