Kontakt 5.6 ups?

Discussion of Digital Performer use, optimization, tips and techniques on MacOS.

Moderator: James Steele

Forum rules
This forum is for most discussion related to the use and optimization of Digital Performer [MacOS] and plug-ins as well as tips and techniques. It is NOT for troubleshooting technical issues, complaints, feature requests, or "Comparative DAW 101."
Tonio
Primary DAW OS: MacOS

Re: Kontakt 5.6 ups?

Post by Tonio »

+ 1 , think I'll sit this one out. checking the NI board for complaints.
Mac Studio MAX 2TB/ 64GB RAM / DP11.2 / 828ES//
MP 5.1 3.33- 3 duo / OS10.14.6 / RX580 /DP10.13/828ES
Armageddon

Post by Armageddon »

So far, it's working fine for me. Having colored "LEDs" over the zone keys on the virtual keyboard instead of the colored keys (and no option to change it) will take some getting used to. I assume they did that to make it more visually compatible with their line of hardware keyboard controllers. I loaded up all my libraries and even old, old patches with no problems. It also seems to load just fine in DP and AU Lab (where I test out my updated plugs and VI AUs). All that being said, though, I didn't really see or hear any benefits to upgrading, unless you're paranoid about not being compatible with (very) recent Kontakt libraries. And I'm gonna miss those colored keyswitches.
Mid- 2012 MacBook Pro Quad-core i7 2.7 GHz/16 GB RAM/2 TB SSD (primary)/1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (secondary) • OS X 10.14.6 • DP 11.1 • Pro Tools 12.8.1 • Acoustica Pro 7.4.0 • Avid MBox Pro 3G • Korg K61 • IMDb Page
David Polich

Post by David Polich »

Armageddon wrote:So far, it's working fine for me. Having colored "LEDs" over the zone keys on the virtual keyboard instead of the colored keys (and no option to change it) will take some getting used to. I assume they did that to make it more visually compatible with their line of hardware keyboard controllers. I loaded up all my libraries and even old, old patches with no problems. It also seems to load just fine in DP and AU Lab (where I test out my updated plugs and VI AUs). All that being said, though, I didn't really see or hear any benefits to upgrading, unless you're paranoid about not being compatible with (very) recent Kontakt libraries. And I'm gonna miss those colored keyswitches.
I agree.
2019 Mac Pro 8-core, 32GB RAM, Mac OS Ventura, MIDI Express 128, Apogee Duet 3, DP 11.2x, Waves, Slate , Izotope, UAD, Amplitube 5, Tonex, Spectrasonics, Native Instruments, Pianoteq, Soniccouture, Arturia, Amplesound, Acustica, Reason Objekt, Plasmonic, Vital, Cherry Audio, Toontrack, BFD, Yamaha Motif XF6, Yamaha Montage M6, Korg Kronos X61, Alesis Ion,Sequential Prophet 6, Sequential OB-6, Hammond XK5, Yamaha Disklavier MK 3 piano.
http://www.davepolich.com